Mallory Friday 18 September

Rideouts, Trackdays, Pub meets and other events
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: Mallory Friday 18 September

Post by D6Nutz »

I tell you one thing, that pic is great (and it is), but hanging over the pit wall watching that bike coming down the devil's elbow right at you is nothing short of menacing. Perkles hunched, elbows out body position probably helped

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

unfortunately I don't have the reach for that shot and was unable to get to where I like to shoot the exit of the bus stop/ devils elbow , best I could do was the side on shot from the paddock gates

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I like that. It looks like a spy shot from a testing day.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Pork pie testing day
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

The morning..

And a photo from the afternoon, I did manage to improve my body position quite a bit. Still need to learn to get my head back down after exiting the braking zone.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It's a problem from commuting. You need to see as much as possible. Tucking in on the tank doesn't feel right.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

I find that, doing one of two track days a year, (not 2020 :( ) it takes me a day to get my head in it, body position, trying to brake late, and not to roll off.
Spending time on the road, especially now, makes you ride so defensive and assessing for every eventuality.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

To be honest Jon, and please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think your body position is really any different in the second photo, its just your carrying more corner speed and lean angle in the second photo, hence your knee is nearly down, but your actual body position on the bike is pretty much identical imo.

I'm not saying I'm any kind of expert, I'm just offering honest feedback and not meant in any negative format.

As shown in the second photo you have clearly got the confidence, speed and more than enough lean angle to get your knee down if that's the objective. You just need to get off the bike a little more and move your uppderbody off the bike more and you will be scraping sliders on every corner.

It's never easy on a strange bike. I struggle going from bike to bike, but always remember a comment kwacky made, that your a better rider for changing bikes regular as its a challenge to adapt.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote: I'm not saying I'm any kind of expert,
I was going to write all kinds of responses to this post, but honestly I can't be arsed.

This is the only point of your post that is of any use. If your not an expert or authority on the subject then any advice is pointless.

I shall, from this point onwards, refer to you as Karen from Facebook.

Only being honest and offering my opinion, please don't take it the wrong way.

P.s. I have no problem switching between bikes and being able to ride then pretty quickly, even on such suspension.

Blade

Post by Blade »

I'm unsure why you constantly feel the need to be hostile.

My comments were meant constructively and yes honestly, which I don't believe is a crime. I meant no offensive and even made comment to that effect, which you have conveniently for your agenda chosen to ignore.

Your body position is identical in both photos and thats all I pointed out. Looking at your photo (which is a great photo by the way) if you don't get off the bike anymore your pegs and belly pan are about to deck out. If you look at the angle of your knee, the slider would never make contact with the tarmac, regardless if you didn't run out of ground clearance on the bike first.

A picture speaks a thousand words, its a shame your not open to constructive feedback it was genuinely meant positively.

I'm not going to insult you back, being bitter is a waste of energy and ultimately is only corrosive to the bitter person.

100%, Im no expert and Im happy in the knowledge there is always something to learn and always advice i can listen to from others. Despite not being an expert, I can analysis the obvious and I can get my knee down for all the hero medals that's worth, but it doesn't make you any faster.

You insult me all you want Jon, its only you that will look small. I will continue to offer my opinion in a respectful and honest manner. Have a nice day, I'm genuinely not your enemy in this world, you need to find a bigger problem to focus your energy on.

PS your better than me if you switch bikes effortlessly, something I could definitely be better on. Regards the supension dig, only a fool ignores the potential for improvement.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

D6Nutz wrote:
Blade wrote: I'm not saying I'm any kind of expert,
Only being honest and offering my opinion, please don't take it the wrong way.
But I wrote this, so I wasn't being hostile or meaning any offence

Blade

Post by Blade »

Dont be so childish :?

Tell you what Jon, despite you taking any comment I make negatively and personally, in an attempt to show you that your response is unreasonable and unfounded I will ask just one question.

Can just one person please explain, accurately and constructively how Jons body position is different in the two photos? His body position, not the lean angle which is impressive, but how his actual body position differs, as to me its identical and I was trying to offer some helpful advice in a constructive way to benefit Jon, something that is lost on him.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:Tell you what Jon, despite you taking any comment I make negatively and personally, in an attempt to show you that your response is unreasonable and unfounded I will ask just one question.

Can just one person please explain, accurately and constructively how Jons body position is different in the two photos? His body position, not the lean angle which is impressive, but how his actual body position differs, as to me its identical and I was trying to offer some helpful advice in a constructive way to benefit Jon, something that is lost on Jon.
If you read my post I never asked for any comments or feed back on my body position, all I said was it had improved. From the angle of the second photo and the very low res image that has been posted there is no way you can possibly tell how my body is positioned behind my arm. From the photo you can not also ascertain the conversations that had been had over lunchtime with skilled riders who had been watching me on track, not the actual part of the body positioning I was working to correct.

The reason I take offence to your posts is you start them with "Not meaning to cause offence", which in itself is a statement that you already know the post will cause offence.

For example, "No offence, but your a fat twat".

So how about this for a solution. Don't give advice when it's not asked for. Only give advice on matters where you have suficcient knowledge, and don't put up posts that cause offence. If you start a post with "Not meaning to cause offence" then just don't hit the post button

Blade

Post by Blade »

Jon your obviously very sensitive and paranoid, and dont take constrcutive criticism very well. Its a bloody mirror imagine man, take the delusional glasses off for crying out loud, no one and I mean no one is going to say with honesty and respect your position is different. It was meant constructively and I'm sorry you can't see that.

Ps great example by the way (giggle) (giggle) (happy)
Last edited by Blade on 30 Sep 2020, 13:30, edited 2 times in total.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

No offence but I ate more mars bars on that track day than you did :)
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:Jon your obviously very sensitive and paranoid. Its a bloody mirror imagine man, take the delusional glasses off for crying out loud, no one and I mean no one is going to say with honesty and respect your position is different. It was meant constructively and I'm sorry you can't see that.

Ps great example by the way (giggle) (giggle) (happy)
I'm not in the slightest bit sensitive or paranoid, I work in IT where every piece of work I do is constructively criticised by experts in their field.

D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Perkles wrote:No offence but I ate more mars bars on that track day than you did :)

Yeah, but I ate more jaffa cakes than you.... No offence, like.

Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

D6Nutz wrote:
Perkles wrote:No offence but I ate more mars bars on that track day than you did :)

anyhows when we doing another it was rather good fun
Blade

Post by Blade »

In the most nasty and offensive way possible you could work on body position (gah)

And that is a joke, for the absolute love of God, just believe that is a joke (tmi)
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Perkles wrote:
D6Nutz wrote:

anyhows when we doing another it was rather good fun
It was, it was a great day. I honestly thought when I sold the track bike that my trackdays where over, I was very wrong.

Honestly though, I think it will be next year now. I don't really fancy a TD in the cold rain. I want to try some new tracks as well, but I do prefer the shorter more technical tracks to boring blasters like silverstone.

Humm.... I wonder if I could get a pass for a euro TD, couple of days in spain with BBS :) hot sunny weather, open pit, and good banter...