Stow on the Wold - 9th October

Rideouts, Trackdays, Pub meets and other events
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Re: Stow on the Wold - 9th October

Post by Itchy »

I definitely did.

As I wheeled the bike out of the garage and set up my phone to use as a sat nav, I immediately thought "This is my last rideout of the year" as it was a bit nippy.

In fact, in the time it took me to set the phone up I decided to go on the motorways because I knew that 40 minutes of that would be just as cold as over 1 hour of better roads but it would be over quicker.

Met up with Kwacky, a quick chinwag and we're on our way. Well, as soon as we manage to find our way out of the car park!!! (lol)

"Don't worry, I'm not going mental today"
Moments later I look down to see over 120 on the speedo and begin laughing my head off!

I found out a few things too...

The Tankslap logo on the back of your riding attire looks awesome. No ifs or buts.

Audi TTs can hurtle around roundabouts as fast as they like but when faced with two litre bikes on their Sunday flightpath they just can't compete.

It's not too cold for a rideout just yet.

The breakfast at Lucy's Tea Room was just the job, but I felt like a fanny when declining cake afterwards.

I need to take some Rennie with me on the next rideout (see above)!

Still love my bike.

Cheers Kwacky. Nice to meet you Kingfixer.
Last edited by Itchy on 09 Oct 2016, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

That was gentle :D

Thanks for coming today. Good ride and excellent food. The cake was special :P
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Kwacky wrote:That was gentle :D
Sadly, I know. Given that I hadn't really gone above 80 on the way down, I had to calibrate to Kwacky Mode!
Kwacky wrote:The cake was special :P
(finger)

To fill the rest of you in, I declined following breakfast with cake for 2 reasons.

a) I had a tenner in cash on me. Brekkie saw little change from that. Yes, I had my card on me, but...

b) I have a tendency to over eat, especially when ordering breakfast. This leaves me bloated and gassy for the following journey.

So I made a mature decision to leave the cake.

A decision that was instantly regretted as I saw Kwacky's Bakewell turn up.
Never have I been so jealous of somebody's dessert. Had I been a lesser man I could have quite easily picked up the slice and crammed as much of it in my gob as humanly possible!

It honestly looked exquisite.
But I remained strong and awarded myself a pat on the back for resisting, resting easy in the knowledge that the ride back would be heartburn free.

Except it wasn't.

And I had no cake. ;(
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

good to meet up again, it's been quite a while since I was at Lucy's, good to meet Itchy for the first time .
The breakfast was spot on and cake was even better :P , It was a little bit chilly but not too bad but snug with heated waistcoat on (nod) .
Just took a steady plod on the way home as I wasn't in a rush.
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;