19-20th May Almeria with BBS

Rideouts, Trackdays, Pub meets and other events
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

19-20th May Almeria with BBS

Post by rocket »

Booked on this 2 days going round Almeria can not wait. Going with BBS just trying to sort my flights out. To the guys that have used BBS before did you have to carry your leathers, helmet etc on the plane or could you pack some of it with your bike ?? as I'm looking at baggage costs on the flight.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: 19-20th May Almeria with BBS

Post by Frankie »

I always pack as much as I can with the bike, so loose leathers or in a black bag, smaller bags for tools, and other kit, helmet, gloves back protector, etc... Spare wheels if needed (wets) which I did take to Jerez and use ha ha. Best to go with smaller bags easier to fit into spaces between the bikes, the first year I took one of those large bags to carry everything, to difficult to transport especially when the Lorry is loaded to the limit.
Tyres if needed all fitted on the crate with bike.
All you need then is carry on for the plane. I would loved to have done the 3 days in April and the 2 in May just could not afford it.
Looks like you guys are getting a run on the new track as well - lucky sods!

You will love the set up with BBS, nice numbers, great people and so, so so much time on track it's amazing fun. Enjoy :)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Have fun rocket...bring back some pics/ video for us [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
rocket

Post by rocket »

Thanks frankie just booked the flight they wanted £40 for a case. That's the reason i asked about the leathers also will be a lot faster off the plane with out waiting for baggage.

Really looking forward to it just trying to go through stuff in my head of what i will need. Any ideas how abrasive Almeria is how many sets of tyres do you usually take
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

I have managed to have one set last me three days, they were well used by the end, but lasted fine, that was soft dunlop's as well. However if you feel you need a spare set you can take a pair with you it will fit on the crate, secondly Gary always takes plenty of tyres with him so if you need to replace, he will have them at the track, along with tyre changing service as well, loose fit or ride in ha ha, just will cost you more if they have to get the wheels off.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Which bike you taking rocket ?
rocket

Post by rocket »

zx636
Its there it will get used. i want to try the 10 on track but don't fancy taking it to spain
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

the 636 will suit almeria very well apart from the long back straight its very twisty and up and down,when I went I stashed as much stuff as I could with the bike.A pair of new slicks easily lasted the whole weekend