Sunday 17th May - Wales Ride out

Rideouts, Trackdays, Pub meets and other events
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: Sunday 17th May - Wales Ride out

Post by Frankie »

At least we are all back safe and sound :) I was not aware you had been at close quarters to an off as well, we saw one on road to Newtown as well, hence the road getting closed.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

My god I'm knackered. It's been a while since I've done a ride like that, and boy is it showing today.

(yawn)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

I was a sleep by 930 dreaming of blue flashing lights and speed camera vans.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Gutted I missed what sounds like a great day out!
Rossgo: sounds like getting lost in Wales is becoming a habit (facepalm)
What went wrong with your Nexx? I had problems with the clips coming loose on my Nexx helmet. I have updated replacement clips if you need them as I don't use that helmet any more?
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

rocket wrote:I was a sleep by 930 dreaming of blue flashing lights and speed camera vans.
Being Valintino Rossi the flashing lights must have been the paparazzi hounding you again ;)

I'm still laughing now about that run into Aber, definitely the highlight of the day.
Blade

Post by Blade »

That's terrible news that a guy lost it on gravel. There is nothing you can do if the front washes out on gravel and its terrible terrible bad luck.

I think the crash that closed the a483 shuck is all up as its never good to see a biker down. Who ever the guy is I sincerely hope he wasn't hurt too badly and is OK. Looked a strange crash on a short straight between corners.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

The copper told me that the guy was conscious and sitting up.

No idea how he lost it where he did.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Those two guys in tshirts at the newtown petrol station caught me up and we had a play then they turned off.I think I went wrong at crossgates I turned left towards the brecon beacons and aberystwyth ,then headed home via Hereford and worcester ,I did over 300 miles in then end.I was bloody starving as well because I didnt stop for cake :(
My bike was nice to ride and feels very fast but I need to start wearing ear plugs as my ears were ringing for about an hour after the ride :)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Where did you turn?

If you got to the roundabout at Crossgates you take a left to the petrol station and Crossgates Café.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

to be honest i have no idea it probably wasnt even cross gates i just kept going straight on towards builth then came to a town went across a bridge and turned left for brecon beacons.Nice ride home but a bit boring,next time ill stick directions and planned stops on my tank
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I sent you a text just in case you missed a turning. I went back to Crossgates and stayed there for a bit in case you picked up your phone, then headed back along the A44 towards Leominster. I hooked on to the back of a couple of bikes and rode with them for a bit.

I got home about 3.20
Zx10dale
Your Bike: 2008 R1

Post by Zx10dale »

Great day everyone , nice to put faces to the avatar. Just too tired to write anything last night! Getting a little paranoid about 5 series BMW now and as for Blade leaving Rocket to carry the can for some reckless riding well that's just typical , what a b*****d !!!
Blade

Post by Blade »

That's not quite true is it Dale :?
Zx10dale
Your Bike: 2008 R1

Post by Zx10dale »

LOL
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Frankie wrote:At least we are all back safe and sound :) I was not aware you had been at close quarters to an off as well, we saw one on road to Newtown as well, hence the road getting closed.
Yes mate was a repsol fireblade and he just lost it. Terrible.

The Newtown one sounds very bad hope the rider is ok
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

DaytonAndy wrote:Gutted I missed what sounds like a great day out!
What went wrong with your Nexx? I had problems with the clips coming loose on my Nexx helmet. I have updated replacement clips if you need them as I don't use that helmet any more?
I'm afraid me and directions don't go hand in hand haha!! But I don't generally mind getting lost in Wales great landscape makes up for it!

Yea my visor lock clips have broken off. 1 half the lock is there (piece of plastic that clips over the visor and into the lid) and the other side the whole bloody clip is gone! Don't know how it happened!!

I was go I g to get in touch with Nexx and see what they can come up with. If I could release them off your possession then that be great. What you want for them?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Perkles wrote:Those two guys in tshirts at the newtown petrol station caught me up and we had a play then they turned off.I think I went wrong at crossgates I turned left towards the brecon beacons and aberystwyth ,then headed home via Hereford and worcester ,I did over 300 miles in then end.I was bloody starving as well because I didnt stop for cake :(
My bike was nice to ride and feels very fast but I need to start wearing ear plugs as my ears were ringing for about an hour after the ride :)
So that's where you got to. I was literally only a few mins away from that roundabout before the accident happened. Proper Shane you didn't head to Aber thought you was heading there!!
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

Rossgo wrote:
DaytonAndy wrote:Gutted I missed what sounds like a great day out!
I'm afraid me and directions don't go hand in hand haha!! But I don't generally mind getting lost in Wales great landscape makes up for it!

Yea my visor lock clips have broken off. 1 half the lock is there (piece of plastic that clips over the visor and into the lid) and the other side the whole bloody clip is gone! Don't know how it happened!!

I was go I g to get in touch with Nexx and see what they can come up with. If I could release them off your possession then that be great. What you want for them?
Wasn't sure you spotted that so sent you a pm. Just pm me your address and I'll pop them in the post. I paid nothing for them and the helmet is retired now anyway.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Kwacky wrote:The copper told me that the guy was conscious and sitting up.

There were quite a few cars about and what I saw a few people were shook up. The place it happened was next to a big lay by so I can only presume someone pulled out on him. The bike was not a sports bike more like a fazer or adventure bike. So unless he was a complete bone head I can only think some thing more went of. The roads seemed busy yesterday with plenty of sight seers one of the reasons I decided to take it steady. Even the road from the raven down was busy push bikers and events going off all over. There were plenty of police about just hope it's an operation and is not like that all year round.

Perkles I meet the lads at Newtown petrol station that you had played with they said you had gone straight on at the round about.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

rocket wrote:
Kwacky wrote:The copper told me that the guy was conscious and sitting up.

There were quite a few cars about and what I saw a few people were shook up. The place it happened was next to a big lay by so I can only presume someone pulled out on him. The bike was not a sports bike more like a fazer or adventure bike. So unless he was a complete bone head I can only think some thing more went of. The roads seemed busy yesterday with plenty of sight seers one of the reasons I decided to take it steady. Even the road from the raven down was busy push bikers and events going off all over. There were plenty of police about just hope it's an operation and is not like that all year round.

Perkles I meet the lads at Newtown petrol station that you had played with they said you had gone straight on at the round about.
yes like i said i was well and truly lost :) how as your bike sunday it looks the dogs bollax :)