Thundersport GB - Anglesey

Rideouts, Trackdays, Pub meets and other events
Pitty
Your Bike: Honda Fireblade (Road) & Triumph Daytona 675 (Race)

Thundersport GB - Anglesey

Post by Pitty »

Here we go again gang, this time we're off to the stunning Anglesey circuit 8)

It's a bit of a trek, but who's up for a trip out ?? (wasntme)

The Triumph is looking 'almost' mint again lol after Rockingham, but I'm determined to break that top 15 before the end of the season if I possibly can
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Thundersport GB - Anglesey

Post by Kwacky »

A bit of a trek? Don't you need sherpas and 3 weeks of supplies? :D

I've no idea how long it takes you but looking on Google maps I'm told it's well over 3 hours from my house to the circuit.

Good luck.
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

its 3 - 3.5 hours from derby, but well worth it. if you like cadwell or oulton then youll like anglesey.
Pitty
Your Bike: Honda Fireblade (Road) & Triumph Daytona 675 (Race)

Post by Pitty »

Saturday Test Day
I spent the day getting to grips with this technical circuit again after our first visit last year, quickly matching (but not improving) last year’s laptimes in the dry conditions, despite the very busy track preventing many completely clear laps.

Sunday - Race Day
Qualifying on Sunday morning didn’t go quite so well, I found it difficult to find a clear lap in the short 15 minute session, resulting in a slightly disappointing 26th place.
Race 1
A great start was needed from row 7 of the grid and with 4 riders across each row, turns one and two were going to be tight! Thankfully I managed a good start and got myself right in the mix straight away, making it up as far as 21st before losing out towards the end of the race, ending up in 24th.
Race 2
When the lights went out, the Triumph hooked up lovely giving me another great start but I got boxed in through the first few turns, stifling my progress slightly but I still managed to finish a credible 25th.

Monday - Race Day
Monday’s warm up was on a damp track on full wet tyres, this turned out to be a good choice and I ended up 10th fastest amongst a mix of riders on differing tyre combinations.
Race 3
Tyre choice was to be the topic on every team’s minds throughout the day with sporadic showers making the track conditions neither fully wet, nor fully dry. This led to my big mistake of the weekend, heading out for race 1 with a wet front and dry rear tyre. This combination, with a rapidly drying track made the Triumph almost impossible to ride fast, resulting in a very frustrating 30th place finish, but with a huge lesson learnt.
Race 2
With similar track conditions with the threat of rain still in the air, full dry tyres were the choice for most of the field and I managed a return to form with another 24th place finish.

Overall a very challenging weekend’s racing but with some valuable lessons learnt and some more experience for the whole team to take onto Donington Park next month.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Don't be hard on yourself Pitty mate the motogp professionals often make the wrong decision (with hindsight) and they have the best talent, ability, machinery and people around them. As you say a great learning experience and something you will be richer for the next time your out.

Slight change of subject. I was watching motogp fp2 at Silverstone yesterday and my youngest who truly believes he is Marc Marquez was asking me where was my mate Pitty and how did he do. Your a legend in our house mate (rock) keep enjoying the journey mate hope to get to another Pitty race meet soon (y)

All the best to you and Do, have a hoof weekend guys.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Challenges make us stronger... As you well know, onward and upward for Donny.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Like Blade says, don't beat yourself up. It's another race under your belt and you've come away with your bike intact.

Which is more that Paul can say :D