Sunday 22nd June - Wales Ride out

Rideouts, Trackdays, Pub meets and other events
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Re: Sunday 22nd June - Wales Ride out

Post by rocket »

Well got in fed and just chilling on the sofa will upload pics tomrrow just want to say thank you .....

Today has been epic some of the best roads I've ridden in the uk so far I'm shattered but still grinning thanks slappers for an epic day.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

It was good Rocket and now I know why they call you Rocket, haha lol.

I'm up for doing that route again.
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Blade wrote:It was good Rocket and now I know why they call you Rocket, haha lol.

I'm up for doing that route again.

Deffo mate
I get knocked down but i get up again.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

A little ride report

I opted to take the blackbird as when i checked on Google maps it suggested 2 and a bit hours to get to the meeting point and that was on the motorway to. So i set off for 7:15 and got to the raven for about 8:30 oops don't think Google maps had taken into account a clear motorway and how easy the blackbird is to ride fast on open roads.

At the raven meet a nice bloke on an r1 (dale)

Soon after blade , bratty and daytonandy turned up breakfast down and off we shot to Newtown to meet Kwacky and D6. Some of the roads were pretty straight on route so I could stretch the legs on the blackbird it certainly does go.

Found them in the McDonalds in Newtown

Nice bike Mr

So we all set off on the A483 (hope that's right) and WOW what a road I was at the back of the pack which was probably a good thing as the bird is not the most agile round corners and would not want to spoil anyone's fun. Any how i got stuck behind a few cars and by the time i was round i could not see anyone for dust so i just went at my own pace. the road has to be one of the best i have ridden on i was cursing in my helmet why had i not brought the rsv but i was still having huge amounts of fun. I got to a roundabout and someone mentioning round about service's turn left dinged in my head as i went straight on. A quick turnaround in the road and yes they were all there.

Went to the cafe and had a nice coffee In the queue i had to stand next to Kwacky as he had a good feel of most of the cakes to ensure he got the biggest piece. Some good banter but I think quite a few tired eyes. Bumped into dale and he was going to join us for the rest of the day unfortunately Kwacky and D6 headed but I don't blame you migraines are not nice.

So on we went back over the A483 and then on to Aberystwyth the roads opened up a bit and suited the bird a little more but i was still slow in and round the corners sorry if I held anyone up through the day.

In Aberystwyth we had a chill out next to the sea. I went for ice cream and there were so many flavours too chose from i was joking that i did not know what i wanted and the young girl asked if I would like another flavour having already got 2 scoops she put a third on when the old crow in the back shouted its only a 2 scoop cone well the girl just did it anyway. I must have fluttered my eyes.

On we went i have no idea what the roads were called but oh my i was not disappointed mountain sections , long sweeping bends that seemed to go on forever , short tight corners every thing you could ever want. On the way there was a trailer that was trying to set it's self on fire with smoke bellowing form the hub. The driver was totally obvious, then when we made them aware of the fact they tried to pick blade up in the trailer as they just put the indicator on to pull over and have a look. Bratty tried to get a free ride in a 405 as the idiot driver just pulled out on him to do a overtake.

We all arrived safely at a bay ??? were the views were yet again stunning we soaked them up while we chilled out and stretched our legs.

That was pretty much it as after the next fuel stop we all broke up shortly after to head back home.

I'm still trying to soak up what went off in the day it was so action packed and I enjoyed every minute. To sum up the bird is a great bike but i found it hard work on some of those roads I felt I was holding people up in the bends. Sorry if this was the case. The roads were great and the company even better one of the best biking days I have ever had now when's the next one !!!!!
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Great write up of a great day, thanks for taking the time to do that and great photos.

Not sure why but the "Like" link isn't working which is a shame as I wanted to give that the old thumbs up (y)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Like button working here.

Top write up with photos. Even if I do look more special needs than usual :D
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I don't have a 'Like' button on this thread either.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Can people report stuff in the bugs section please? http://www.tankslap.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ta

details of what you're using ie phone, tablet or laptop with browser details.
Blade

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:I don't have a 'Like' button on this thread either.
I would like that if I had a like button (giggle)
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

No like button for me other but it's there on other threads. I still have edit, quote, and report. Great write up rocket (y) Can't believe you chose the blackbird for a trip round Wales though (headbang)
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

And I think the bay is Bala lake. Great photo.
Blade

Post by Blade »

No wonder my head got sun burnt I can see the sun light reflecting off it (blush)

And god do I look a right bender in McDonalds :*
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Hhahaha, what you doing?

"yoo hoooo. Ahoy Sailor"
Blade

Post by Blade »

D6 wrote:Hhahaha, what you doing?

"yoo hoooo. Ahoy Sailor"
Hey I m not the one sucking on a straw day dreaming its something else whilst gazing into kwacky's eyes ;)
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Blade wrote:
D6 wrote:Hhahaha, what you doing?

"yoo hoooo. Ahoy Sailor"
Hey I m not the one sucking on a straw day dreaming its something else whilst gazing into kwacky's eyes ;)
Lol
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

you've given that waaaay too much thought