Dunlop Brotherly Lover

The news and your views about biking
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Dunlop Brotherly Lover

Post by Blade »

is there any :?

Just watched Sunday nights BBC1 NI Coverage of the NW200 superbike race that William Dunlop won and Micheal Dunlop came second.

On the last few bends of the last lap there was a few close over takes but nothing out of the ordinary or dangerous and all fair imo and I presume the course stewards opinion was the same as mine as no inquiry was requested.

In the interview in parc ferme afterwards the BBC commentator was congratulating William Dunlop on his victory and asked if there was going to be hand shake from his brother. At this point William starts laughing in what seemed like a very nervous laugh and Micheal Dunlop leaned over and tried to whisper some thing close up into his brothers ear. Thing is the TV microphone was right there so picked up his comment which he hoped would be private and I m 99% sure Micheal said "Do that again and I'll have you"

William Dunlop immediately stopped laughing (I can only presume the laughter was nervous as he predicted his brothers reaction) and it was obvious Micheal was being hostile to say the least and in no way was it said in banter.

The BBC Commentator later questioned Micheal Dunlop on his comment and his own reply was something like "Being who I'am he should have given me more respect."
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: Dunlop Brotherly Lover

Post by C00kiemonster »

I saw that. Bad form IMO as it wasn't a block as such IMO.

He's arrogant and not fearful enough. Worrying, but then again I don't like him anyway.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Tbh I did like him but that attuide has put me off. I admire sportsmen not bad losers and if he got beat by anyone he should be glad it was his brother and be happy for him.
Rob
Your Bike: Daytona 650, Kawasaki ZX10r

Post by Rob »

Highlights and the interview after race here - worth watching the last lap (from approx 51 mins onwards)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... hts-part-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah, it was a bit uncalled for, and I dont think he would have said it if it wasnt his brother. He does come across as a bit of a yob but we admire these people for how they ride a bike, not their characters.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Why is the NW200 run when its wet but the TT isn't? Doesn't look any less dangerous at the NW.

I was chatting to the guy who runs the Alto Perfomance bike the other day and asked him why he doesn't race it at the TT, as it seemed to help the Britten become famous.

His answer was that sponsors being what they are now, if someone is killed on your bike its likely you would lose most if not all of your sponsors afterwards.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I suspect it's the length and layout of the circuits. The NW200 is much smaller and easier to manage ishould anything go wrong. It's also easier to get the riders in should they need to shut the track.