Wheelie School

The news and your views about biking
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Wheelie School

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Ok so tried to put this in events but as I'm on tapatalk atm I couldn't see the calender to add it, also just speculative atm.

So seems to be some interest for a wheelie school from a few slappers and thought best to start a new thread where we can see who wants to go, have a look at the different options and where would be the best place to go for it that everyone who wants in can get to. If we get a rough idea of numbers I'm happy to make some calls and enquire about group discounts etc...
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Wheelie School

Post by Rossgo »

I'm up for this :-)
I live in Berkshire area so please don't make it too far north lol!
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Well I'm in Kent so I'm with you in being a bit more southern mate
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

i wouldnt mind doing one, my mate did this one earlier in the year, near silverstone and £200.
http://iwanttowheelie.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I was looking at that one as I thought that was a good midpoint for all get to and they promise if you cant wheelie you get another day free which I liked the sound of
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

I'm potentially interested, location and dates dependant of course.

Another thing to bear in mind is what type of wheelie you want to learn, using the clutch or doing it off the power. Looking at the I want to wheelie link, they do it off the power.
These guys use the clutch method...
http://www.learn2wheelie.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Their main location is quite far south but they do another one on the top of the M25. They also have a discount system in place for 4 or more riders.

Then there's this one which is more expensive but closer to many slappers. Although I'm sure someone on here has had a bad experience of his instructional technique, I can't remember who or why though. Anyone enlighten me?
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I would prefer to learn to clutch it up as I was led to believe this is the better technique as it requires less speed and power but I may be wrong as someone who has only ever done it one by accident lol

I like the idea of the quads on that 1 as seems like a safe way to start, I remember seeing that one featured in fast bikes mag which peaked my interest then
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Itchy wrote:
Then there's this one which is more expensive but closer to many slappers. Although I'm sure someone on here has had a bad experience of his instructional technique, I can't remember who or why though. Anyone enlighten me?
Whoops, forgot to paste the link...
https://www.fuki.co/wheelie-school-with ... jones.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

The appeal of that last one is they use the same bike as mine so at least I'd know I can do it on my bike lol ;)
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

I found a similar thing when one of the instructors on a training session I did had the same bike. However it is more expensive and to me, it seems a little more...

Not sure how to put it really. It seems more "look at me and what I can do, give me enough money and you might be able to do it too", whereas the http://www.learn2wheelie.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; one seems to be more about teaching you, the amount of info on the website seems to be more concerned about the student rather than the master!

This is all speculative of course. Just the impression I get off the websites.

So whilst I'm speculating I might as well say that if we do have a choice, I'd prefer to go to http://www.learn2wheelie.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; at their North Weald venue. But that's just me!
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Yeah I'd prefer the learn2wheelie one, that's the one I originally looked ages ago and liked the idea of
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I'm sure that's the one the 675 lot did. Hopefully Frankie will enlighten us as he was one of the guys who went along to it. The learn 2 wheelie one looks good :-)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Someone on 675cc mentioned this. He's booked for June

http://www.675.cc/675/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21542" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cheers for finding that Kwacky. What are people's thoughts? I don't know if you can go straight to the same stage as what he is on 675.cc? Or would this tankslap one be separate?

I'm very up for a wheelie day lol
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I would wanna start on the bottom rung as I have never tried to wheelie before, I think if its cool with you guys I will look into this after me wedding next weekend as I think if I book it up before the wedding I may end up divorced straight away but I think if we all decide a date and look at booking it at the North Weald venue, thats only just over an hour from me so if people need to crash (probably a bad choice of word lol) at mine the night before Ill see what I can do, we have a spare room as long as you dont mind sharing with the snakes and sleeping on an inflatable mattress lol
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

If we're doing this later on in the year then I'm up for it. I am very skint at present.
Rob
Your Bike: Daytona 650, Kawasaki ZX10r

Post by Rob »

I'd be up for this - and similar to Cavetroll could offer a couple of bed's for people to kip the night before as North Weald airfield is only 20 mins from me
dizzyw
Your Bike: Red Daytona 600

Post by dizzyw »

Kwacky wrote:If we're doing this later on in the year then I'm up for it. I am very skint at present.

Same as, but deffo would love to do this, I've tried and failed many times (thankfully with a safe outcome) (facepalm)
A good woman can make you feel strong, rejuvenated and ready to take on the world.... oh sorry.....thats beer....beer does that
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Defo would want to start at bottom too lol! Yea it this could be made later on in year would be class.
Defo don't start a battle with your soob to be wife too quickly...iits the war you're want to win lol!!
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Ive looked on the site, they have a few dates in September (21st, 28th) so should still be nice around that time, its £200pp or £180pp for groups of 4 or more and is a maximum of 9 people. You can pay a £70 deposit to book on with the full balance due 14 days before if need be.

so far its would be:
1.Me