Would anyone...

The news and your views about biking
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Would anyone...

Post by Rossgo »

Your making it even harder! Haha

I am aware that in a fast smash nothing really will help however much you want it too but In a low speed (town riding) it will just ease the burden of how can I get home...if I can get up and ride back home it's done its job IMO even if the fairings are smashed to bits etc!

Though I am glad someone quiet likes the T Rex I thought they look odd lol! But it's the engraving I hate...I already know what bike it is why does that have to tell me as well haha!

I'm clearly being very fussy maybe I should jjust shut up and get one and be done with it lol!
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I prefer the trex ones, but depends what they look like on the bike. I think engine covers are the most important first.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Yrs defo engine covers... They saved my Daytona from spilling oil everywhere. Going to order R&G covers soon :-)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Let me check to see if I've got any spare engine covers. I think I saw a couple of pieces in my room of bike bits.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Out of interrest kwacky what frame sliders did you have?
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

I forgot to mention, I drilled the fairings on my Daytona to fit the R&G ones. I did have a template which made it easier, but it really does come down to that old phrase "if I can do it, anyone can"!
Yes, it's nervy when you first go through with the drill and see tiny bits of plastic flying everywhere, but once it's done, your bung fills the hole (oo-er!) and it becomes just another part of the bike.
But measure twice, cut once. Maybe measure 4 times!

Ha, I'm still no help!
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Itchy wrote:I forgot to mention, I drilled the fairings on my Daytona to fit the R&G ones. I did have a template which made it easier, but it really does come down to that old phrase "if I can do it, anyone can"!
Yes, it's nervy when you first go through with the drill and see tiny bits of plastic flying everywhere, but once it's done, your bung fills the hole (oo-er!) and it becomes just another part of the bike.

Ha, I'm still no help!
Itchy where did you get the template from? I rang R&G and they told me they don't do them.

I've got a new right hand fairing panel I've been putting off fitting for about 2 years!
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Monty wrote:
Itchy wrote:I forgot to mention, I drilled the fairings on my Daytona to fit the R&G ones. I did have a template which made it easier, but it really does come down to that old phrase "if I can do it, anyone can"!

Ha, I'm still no help!
Itchy where did you get the template from? I rang R&G and they told me they don't do them.

I've got a new right hand fairing panel I've been putting off fitting for about 2 years!
Ah mate, I wish I knew. I think it came from the retailer, but I can't for the life of me remember who I got them off. It might have even been a birthday present.
I did try to copy it for such an occasion, but my scanner wouldn't accept it and kept blowing it out of proportion.

I'll do some digging but don't hold your breath.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Ha, I'm still no help!
I got the dealers to do it on the Daytona but I just hate it couldn't put this bike through that fatal experience lol!
I will let everyone know what I go for in the end I am just letting the styles get to me a bit at the moment I think!
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Frame sliders aren't rocket science they are a bit of delrin turned down.IMO it's more important where they are fixed to on the bike
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Post by Godzilla »

DOnt forget to look at GB Racing engine covers and sliders, they have a better rep than R&G at the moment.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thanks for the advise guys :-)
Itchy

Post by Itchy »

Itchy wrote:
Monty wrote:

Ha, I'm still no help!

Ah mate, I wish I knew. I think it came from the retailer, but I can't for the life of me remember who I got them off. It might have even been a birthday present.
I did try to copy it for such an occasion, but my scanner wouldn't accept it and kept blowing it out of proportion.

I'll do some digging but don't hold your breath.
Sorry Monty, I've changed computers since, any remnants of the template have gone.

Trawling through her old emails I found out that my missus bought them from a website called http://www.bikejohnny.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but looking at it now, it seems to have changed into more of a cycling related search engine. And if I google bike johnny it keeps coming up with a winter bike storage cover, so that's no help.
*Note - I did another trawl for it, apparently the site had a sale and then closed down. So that's a no-go, sorry mate.

The only connection I have to the template now is the photos I took when I was doing the fitting...

Sorry to go off-topic.
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Mate you are a star thanks for trying
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

As a quick update been a nightmare getting the stuff to my house, a parcel has been lost in the post do been chasing it up luckily they are sending a replacement now so shouldn't be long till I get all the bits through.

When everything has arrived I'll wash the bike spray it down with WD40 to protect it then start fitting the bits and take some pics :-) hopefully it won't be long till it's all sorted :-)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

ive just bought some chinese brake levers and they are identical to the £100 + crg ones i have on my ducati.I work in engineering sales and can tell you chinese quality gets better every year ,it has to to stay competitive in a global market
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Agreed with the levers, I have had Chinese levers as well and TBH they look and feel fine! I looked at other ones but really couldn't justify spending min £55 quid on them!!

Nice to know they are getting better with their quality as well however I wouldn't be surprised when they finally start rising their prices to be more in line with us!
Rob
Your Bike: Daytona 650, Kawasaki ZX10r

Post by Rob »

Perkles wrote:ive just bought some chinese brake levers and they are identical to the £100 + crg ones i have on my ducati.I work in engineering sales and can tell you chinese quality gets better every year ,it has to to stay competitive in a global market

Do you have a link to the ones you got?

Cheers
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Rob wrote:
Perkles wrote:ive just bought some chinese brake levers and they are identical to the £100 + crg ones i have on my ducati.I work in engineering sales and can tell you chinese quality gets better every year ,it has to to stay competitive in a global market

Do you have a link to the ones you got?

Cheers
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191060329122? ... 1497.l2649