Would You Buy a Bike That's...

The news and your views about biking
Tuffers
Your Bike: Ducati Scrambler & Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory

Would You Buy a Bike That's...

Post by Tuffers »

Been kept outside? Got my eye on a bike. It's 100 miles away. I asked the seller if he could email me a video of the bike running. Sounds great!! The only thing that concerns me is he said that the cold weather had tarnished some of the metal components and left small black marks. The bike is a 68 plate, bit it hasn't been garaged bit kept under a decent cover. Price is about right, I reckon if I were to make an offer I'd want another £300 off it.

Would this put you off?
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Would You Buy a Bike That's...

Post by Kwacky »

Depends which bits are marked. Can they be replaced or polished if the looks bother you?

Most of my bikes have been kept outside. They were looked after and I had no problems selling them.

A garaged bike could be ridden in winter, get covered in road salt and just parked up for weeks leaving the salt to rot the bike.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: Would You Buy a Bike That's...

Post by D6Nutz »

Mine lives outside and doesn't look any worse for it. To be honest it's more the winter riding and the crap that gets out on the road that makes it furry.

If it's been kept clean, hopefully with a good coating of acf, and good service history I wouldn't be worried.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti