Dodgy eBay Seller?

The news and your views about biking
Tuffers
Your Bike: Ducati Scrambler & Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory

Dodgy eBay Seller?

Post by Tuffers »

Take a look at this page on eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... =0&_sop=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the same bikes keep popping up but being sold by different ebayers. In the advert it asks you to contact the 'actual' seller via email (which is provided in the photos). The ebayers advert says that they are not the owner of the bike. If you do a search on eBay they are selling loads of bikes and cars.

I can't work it out. eBay have removed some of the ads on my link and it says they can't find the advert.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Dodgy eBay Seller?

Post by Kwacky »

Your link took me to a general search.

I've seen it in the past. A couple of years ago I was looking at Ducati being sold by a Ducati shop. I made a bid but didn't win it. The bike didn't sell. A few hours later someone had stolen the photos and listing and replicated it

If you're looking at buying a bike I would check to make sure that it's being sold by a bike shop. I wouldn't bid on anything being sold by a private seller.
Tuffers
Your Bike: Ducati Scrambler & Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory

Post by Tuffers »

Agreed Kwacky. Try this link. The same full throttle is being sold by 3 different people. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... =0&_sop=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Two of the listings have gone now so at least eBay are pulling them.