Slipper Clutch Install

The news and your views about biking
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Slipper Clutch Install

Post by Rossgo »

Blade wrote:
Rossgo wrote:Some good pics there blade. Is that your garage...wow...me parents had a garage at their old house...pretty sure he would be jealous of how beat yours is he could never get it anywhere near that haha!!
Cheers Rossgo I did a project a few months back to revamp it here's some before and after shots.

That is quite a transformation! You've clearly done very well sorting that stuff all out lol! :-)
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Cheers Rossgo took a lot of time and effort but I'm pleased with the result.

Clutch install once first job in there since revamp and it was a pleasure rather than a pita to work in there so well worth the effort.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Haha I bet it is mate. Looks like you have tons of room to play about with now. The first pic of how your garage used to look was the same as my parents only it was taken up by a car as well and a dryer and washing machine that didn't even work haha!!
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Got a new friction plate from a sp1 so can junk the judder spring and also a new set of springs to fit tomorrow.

Had trouble bleeding the clutch after fitting the Brembo RCS master cylinder. Put a DTI on the pressure plate and its only moving 0.7mm so the clutch is not full disengaging. Got a few tricks to try tomorrow to get that last bit of air out. Can't find a specific figure for slave cylinder travel but reckon it will be about a plates thickness so circa 2mm not 0,7mm.

Modifications are never straight forward are they (lol) but enjoying learning something add never changed a clutch before.