Jane's next bike

The news and your views about biking
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: Jane's next bike

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:False neutrals on new Ducatis are a thing. Once its got a few miles on it, it will ease up.

When i rode the Desert Sled a few weeks back, i was astonished how grippy the tyres were on the road and they are the next step up in off road tyre.

Not sure how they would be in the wet but in the dry there were no issues at all and loads of grip.

Alison reckons if we move over there, she will want to come out on the pillion with me, so a Scrambler might be just the perfect bike for a two out ride to the coffee shop/patisserie/coast.
Nailed it right there - perfect to go jump on to pop to the bakery for your morning baguette. 8)
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Well 650kms on the new bike now (I've ridden it once - she wont let me :D ).

Been out quite a lot recently and Mrs C has been doing some of the leading and I have to say i'm impressed. She's riding this bike well and adapted to the engine braking very well. She gets more of a shift on on this bike than the old CBR to be honest. Most impressive is she's flowing more in and out of corners.

Seems to be loosening up now (the bike not Mrs C), Mrs C is getting frustrated she cant really rev beyond 6k while she's running it in, so is pushing on to get it over the magic 1000kms :)

Even running in now it gets to 80mph and thats fast enough on some of the roads here.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Sitting upright is so much better for reading the road and other traffic.

Glad Jane is enjoying it. These days I prefer a bike that you feel like you are riding closer to its limits than one that feels like it will get you in jail and still be laughing at how much or little of it you are using.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Good to hear she’s enjoying it, and her interest in getting it run in is win-win for you too!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.