As the decade ends ...

The news and your views about biking
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Re: As the decade ends ...

Post by Stonesie »

Most fun,
Street Triple R 8) It did it all from carrying a pillion to track days and touring over to the Isle Of Man, it was a 100bhp BMX thanks to it's light weight and enough power. The MT-10 is a very close 2nd... VERY close.

Best,
The KTM SDGT, it's a tourer with hard panniers and a long range fuel tank... Until you poke it with a stick, then it is a snarling monster with 170mph capability and the brakes, Power and handling to hunt down sports bikes... I like it very much (inlove) but the long term reliability is a question mark.

The big regret,
The Multistrada 1200S, In 8 months of ownership I had it back to Ducati 6 times for random electrical gremlins and vibration, it turned out that when they fitted a new rear tyre before I collected it they neglected to balance it, the old corroded weights should have been an immediate red flag but the Skyhook suspension was damping most of it out so it felt strange, but didn't have the typical speed related vibration of an out of balance tyre. I wanted to love that bike but I just didn't gel with it even after having the tyre re-balanced.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Given that I've only been biking for 11 years and I've only had 2 bikes in that time, this should be easy.

The Z1000 is a better bike in almost every respect and it's lasted me 7 years with zero problems. I love it.

But the Daytona 600 was my first, my exploratory companion as I entered the wonderful world of biking. Providing me with fun, speed, frustration, learning opportunities, hair-raising moments and awesome awesome memories,it will always be special to me.
R1ckster
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC

Post by R1ckster »

Itchy wrote:Given that I've only been biking for 11 years and I've only had 2 bikes in that time, this should be easy.

The Z1000 is a better bike in almost every respect and it's lasted me 7 years with zero problems. I love it.

But the Daytona 600 was my first, my exploratory companion as I entered the wonderful world of biking. Providing me with fun, speed, frustration, learning opportunities, hair-raising moments and awesome awesome memories,it will always be special to me.
Hehe... Yeah D600... I'll always remember that as the bike that nearly put me off biking.. first bike too.

1 year ownership

2 regulator rectifier
5 stators
3 batteries

Image And that's only the stuff I can remember from 12 years ago

Lost count of recovery call outs.. even in middle of Spain in desolation..

And the only bike I've been banned from a recovery service Image

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

My Daytona 650 was a frustrating bike at times, utterly brilliant at others, it could take on my friends R6 at double digit speeds and was pretty comfortable for a sports bike.
It did strand me once though when it burned out it's stator plug.
Other than that it had.
2 stators and 1 Reg/Rec
1 cracked exhaust header near the Lambda, (Tig welded for £10)
And some corrosion in the wiring loom, I stripped and repaired it myself and upgraded the wiring to the headlights.

That was my 2nd 'big' bike after an SV650s.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Should have mentioned the SP2. That bike is my ultimate bike. Just the right amount of power, speed, handling, noise and occasion to make you feel special.......or does to me anyway (lol)