The on-going tyre saga

The news and your views about biking
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: The on-going tyre saga

Post by D6Nutz »

TBH I'm really happy with the Metzelers.. They really seem to suit the bike and my riding style.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I'll probably go with the new m7s but I did have second thoughts when I read that people were running the T30 on the track without issue.
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

I'm due some new tyres with the MOT arriving next month and my rear pretty much at the wear bar. I normally use Dunlop roadsmart 2's because I had a pretty decent 7-8k out of the last set I had but I have only managed 4500 miles out of this rear and I can't see the front lasting another rear.
So I was thinking of trying out some Michelin Pilot Road III's. Anyone have any experience with these?
R34PER

Post by R34PER »

duke63 wrote:Jon, try here. I am told these come from Germany in a few days and they appear to have both your front and rear in stock.

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/moto-tyre/metze ... rtec-m7-rr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(f1) for Oponeo, I think they may be a Polish company as they were recommended to me by some Polish guys I work with. I have used them a couple of times and all has been good. I will be using them this time too.

Just found this:
Oponeo:
We are a Polish company also present on foreign markets. In addition to Polish, we sell tires and rims including Germany, Italy, France, Spain, England, Austria, the Netherlands and we are planning to enter the markets of other countries. We are one of the few Polish companies online that have decided to expand in the direction of Western Europe. On the tires of our stores run driver in Europe. Click on the selected flag to learn more and move to one of our foreign stores with the tires and rims.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

R34PER wrote: So I was thinking of trying out some Michelin Pilot Road III's. Anyone have any experience with these?
Ran these on my 675 Daytona and wow what a tyre. Endless grip whatever the weather (literally) length of service on my bike, used pretty much every day (unless being lazy lol) around 7k and didn't show any wear even at the mark. Couldbt recommend them any more

But ohe thing it did point out to me was the lack of feed back it gave me...however I came from a Pirelli supercorsas and that showed every bump and ditch in the road lol!

My Dad was so inpressed with these tyres he even got them fitted to his Bike (ER6) and must admit I tide his too and their inpressive no matter what bike haha
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Guess who's happy today 8) :)
IMAG0096.jpg
Very impressed with the service from moto-tyre, Thats approximately 48 hours from placing the order to having the tyres in the man cave.. Going to whip the wheels off over the weekend and get them over to be fitted early next week, hopefully the brake pads will turn up on Tuesday then I can get everything done at the same time.

It's going to be a nervy ride down to the MOT station, new tyres and new pads (sweat) better not fecking rain...
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Nice one Jon.
I get knocked down but i get up again.
R34PER

Post by R34PER »

Rossgo wrote:
R34PER wrote: So I was thinking of trying out some Michelin Pilot Road III's. Anyone have any experience with these?
Ran these on my 675 Daytona and wow what a tyre. Endless grip whatever the weather (literally) length of service on my bike, used pretty much every day (unless being lazy lol) around 7k and didn't show any wear even at the mark. Couldbt recommend them any more

But ohe thing it did point out to me was the lack of feed back it gave me...however I came from a Pirelli supercorsas and that showed every bump and ditch in the road lol!

My Dad was so inpressed with these tyres he even got them fitted to his Bike (ER6) and must admit I tide his too and their inpressive no matter what bike haha
Thanks for the info, just ordered them now.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Glad it went well after recommending them, lol. As I said I thought they were good.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

D6Nutz wrote:Guess who's happy today 8) :)
IMAG0096.jpg
Very impressed with the service from moto-tyre, Thats approximately 48 hours from placing the order to having the tyres in the man cave.. Going to whip the wheels off over the weekend and get them over to be fitted early next week, hopefully the brake pads will turn up on Tuesday then I can get everything done at the same time.

It's going to be a nervy ride down to the MOT station, new tyres and new pads (sweat) better not fecking rain...
Wow that's amazing! I love new tyres. I used to work for Dunlop many years ago and used to love working in the factory 8)

Be interested on your feedback on these tyres (y)