Buying Tyres on t'interweb

The news and your views about biking
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Buying Tyres on t'interweb

Post by D6Nutz »

Apart from the obvious pit falls of buying on the internet is there anything special to watch out for with bike tyres ??

I'm a bit stuck at the moment, my rear is un-ridable and the MOT is due in a couple of weeks. I really want to upgrade to the M7's but there isn't any UK stock at the moment for my tyre sizes. Deamon Tweaks have said their earliest date would be the 25th which is to late for the MOT date and cutting it mighty fine for the 27th rideout !!

I've found company in finland that has the M7 in stock in the right sizes and can ship from Germany in under a week. The price is good, but is there anything else I'm missing or haven't thought of ??
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Re: Buying Tyres on t'interweb

Post by Godzilla »

Don't think so.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Hope you find the right tyre for the right price and get them as soon as possible for the ride out Nutz :-)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

I'm going one of two ways, either it's going to be buy from abroad or I'm going to grab a set of part worns of ebay to tide me over for a few weeks.

I've got my eye on a pair of Dunlop Qualifiers at the moment, I had a set on the D6 and the where a hell of a laugh but didn't last too long... It is tempting.. I just don't know which way to go at the moment.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I personally would buy one set and get what I want but I suppose it depends on your budget
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

As far as I know 'foreign' tyres are of the same specification as here. The only thing to look at is the date stamp as you don't want tyres that have been sitting round. Not a problem if you're buying a newly released tyre. Which qualifier were you trying to get? The Q3 is available in some countries but I couldn't find them when I looked! Fwiw I rate the Michelin pilot power 3! Pretty good in all conditions and sticks like shit in the dry and they warm up quickly. Don't last the longest but it is a sports tyre.