Jeans Vs summer goretex Vs something else

The news and your views about biking
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Jeans Vs summer goretex Vs something else

Post by D6Nutz »

As my contact has been extended it looks like I'll be commuting through, hopefully, some warmer and dryer weather.

My goretex trousers have a winter lining that can't be removed. They are getting warm already so a change is needed.

I can't be arsed with full leathers for commuting, so what other sensible options are there?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: Jeans Vs summer goretex Vs something else

Post by Blade »

Decent armour jeans would sound a good option Jon (y)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Jeans or use leather jeans if you've already got some. Waterproof lowers are cheap and small enough to carry in your bag.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

These are worthy of a look. very impressed by the Oxford Mondial jacket i bought last winter.

The Contiental has a waterproof liner than can be zipped out and air vents that allow free flowing air.

The issue with denim jeans is that the kevlar liners mean they are not a lot more breathable than leather in my experience.

http://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcycl ... eg_desert/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

duke63 wrote:These are worthy of a look. very impressed by the Oxford Mondial jacket i bought last winter.

The Contiental has a waterproof liner than can be zipped out and air vents that allow free flowing air.

The issue with denim jeans is that the kevlar liners mean they are not a lot more breathable than leather in my experience.

http://www.oxfordproducts.com/motorcycl ... eg_desert/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They look good, I was expecting them to be more than 130 as well. Need to find somewhere that stocks then though so I can try them on.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

I would go for adventure style textiles too, plenty of vents for summer and usually waterproof enough.

I have some wolf Kevlar jeans and as said they are not that cool in summer... Betty SWollocks.
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

I like my Oxford textiles too. Very good price and good quality. I had the Melbourne set.

When I was at Oxford not long back they were showing me their new adventure range. Looks very good. I am tempted to order some myself.... now where did i put the bosses business card? ;)
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I must admit probably 90% of my riding nowadays seems to be done in a leather jacket and a pair of RST armoured and Kevlar jeans, I ride a little less mental in them than when im in full leathers but for me it works as I can get away with wearing them in the office and not having to change so its better for me.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Popped into infinity on the way home tonight to see if they had any of these in, they did.

I'm really impressed with the quality, need to have a proper look when I have a bit more free time and the shop isn't closing.

duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Apparently biker jeans have come on a long way in the last few years.

Rokker jeans claim to be more abrasion resistant than leather and are a single layer, not lined. The tech is in the fibre itself. Not cheap but reviews claim they are worth the money.

https://www.motolegends.com/trousers/ro ... 9-25799899" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Personally I would trust Jean's for a commute of your mileage, defo get something more stronger. If there is a shower at work maybe just pop in the shower before work after riding if too hot?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk