Another insurance thread

The news and your views about biking
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Re: Another insurance thread

Post by duke63 »

Unfortunately although insurance is a legal requirement, insurance companies are a commercial entity whose sole reason for existence is to make money.
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Post by T.C. »

Kwacky wrote:
T.C. wrote: But be aware that if you suffer an injury as a result of someone elses negligence, any monies you receive will be claimed back and deducted from your compensation in the same way as any benefits paid during a period of incapacity in a non fault crash.
Run that one by me again.
In most injury cases where there has been a payment over and above the compensation payment, for example any benefits or other insurance payment, these additional payments are usually deducted from any compensation settlement which is why there is often a lot of correspondence with the DWP

So for example, where someone has a claim valued at £20,000 and they have received (as an example) a payment of £10,000 from a secondary insurance or benefit source, then this payment is usually deducted from the compensation amount and on that basis the total payment of compensation will be £10,000 to make up the £20,000 total

Sorry if I did not explain it very well.
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It's not as simple as that though, hence my confusion. It depends on the benefits paid and the reason for them. The vast majority of the cases I deal with are net of CRU, but they're 6 and 7 figure settlements.