Practical Sportsbike Magazine

The news and your views about biking
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Practical Sportsbike Magazine

Post by Blade »

Still not got mine (n)

I was at the London Bike show yesterday and there was a Practical Sportsbike Magazine stand at the show with editor Chris Newbigging on the stand so I went to tell him.

Apparently many customers haven't got there magazine and there has been a cock up with the transfer of pb mag subscriber's over to Practical Sportsbike. Stuff goes wrong I accept that and it's hardly a major problem but what did surprise me is he didn't seem interested in the problem, just blamed others and brushed it off. Nice bloke and chatted about other things with him but did find it odd that the editor of a a magazine had little interest in his customers needs or getting his product to the customer.

Hopefully he was just having a bad day and the magazine is a success, which I might know more about when I eventually get a copy (blush)

Boring rant over, sorry (facepalm)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Practical Sportsbike Magazine

Post by Kwacky »

He's been a bit touchy on the PB forum recently. I imagine he's under a fair amount of pressure at the moment.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Possibly and I hope the magazine is a success just he gave an impression that he couldn't care less which is odd if your the man leading the project.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I think the same as Kwacky. I recogn the stress if it all has prob getting to him. Must be hard work getting all of this sorted. Prob a part of him knew there were going to be cock up a maybe?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Blade

Post by Blade »

Yeah hadn't thought of that and probably was the stress but I also don't think being slightly interested in your customers needs is a big ask.

I've paid for something which I've not got at the end of the day and the man in charge couldn't give a flying monkey. Not the end of the world by a long stretch but equally not great customer service imo.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

When you've spoken to quite a few people all moaning about the same problem it's hard to keep upbeat and positive, especially as a long day drags on...
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

D6Nutz wrote:When you've spoken to quite a few people all moaning about the same problem it's hard to keep upbeat and positive, especially as a long day drags on...
True. There's only so many conversations you can have about the pros and cons of fitting an after market rear shock :D (lol) :D
Blade

Post by Blade »

Customers is always right boys (happy)
Blade

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:
D6Nutz wrote:When you've spoken to quite a few people all moaning about the same problem it's hard to keep upbeat and positive, especially as a long day drags on...
True. There's only so many conversations you can have about the pros and cons of fitting an after market rear shock :D (lol) :D
I wouldn't mention those on here, unless your lap times are better than Rossi their illegal and discussing one on here is liking dipping other forum members kids in acid and rubbing broken glass in their eyes (blush)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade wrote:Customers is always right boys (happy)
Love this quote. Very true blade and my misses uses this anywhere she goes, she usually gets better deals than me by being like this Image

She works in retail so she knows the limits, there's been a few things that my misses has pulled up her own work on in different stores and they try to argue but she closes any avenue within a min, incredible to see I must admit! Knowing your rights and letting them know they are the ones in the wrong is crazy!

Blade

Post by Blade »

Still no magazine has been delivered. I rang 3 times and the first 2 times told definitely on its way, wait a bit longer. Rang yesterday and told it's not been sent so previous 2 times they lied.

I've given up and gone the newsagents for a copy myself.

Not a great start to a new magazine
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade wrote:Still no magazine has been delivered. I rang 3 times and the first 2 times told definitely on its way, wait a bit longer. Rang yesterday and told it's not been sent so previous 2 times they lied.

I've given up and gone the newsagents for a copy myself.

Not a great start to a new magazine
Clesrly this merger hasn't gone as smoothly as they think it should of. Maybe there used to be 2 different teams now they would of lost people and more work is going be redirected to the subscription team who are possible a mix of the 2 mags and prob haven't gelled wuite yet. The words 'that was his/ her job' springs to mind!

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It's one company running the show, including subscriptions. There shouldn't have been any issues with the subscriptions.

But loads have complained.

Muppets. They knew a while ago that PB was going to be pulled. They should have sorted things out months ago.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:It's one company running the show, including subscriptions. There shouldn't have been any issues with the subscriptions.

But loads have complained.

Muppets. They knew a while ago that PB was going to be pulled. They should have sorted things out months ago.
Didn't realise that to be honest. Unsure how they could bugger it up as much as that