Talking of silly over powered bikes..

The news and your views about biking
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: Talking of silly over powered bikes..

Post by Cav »

Kwacky wrote:You can use nakeds on the track. Most of them are unfaired sports bikes. The MV has side pods to make it more stable, you just need to make sure you've got the strength to hold on. I reckon it'll need a short screen though.

You say your mate can ride a bike but can't get everything out of his Superduke. So why has he got the KTM? Probably because he enjoys riding it, and surely that's what it's all about?

For the record, I do think bikes have become overpowered. It's getting a bit silly now. Times have changed and the big bikes aren't as threatening as they used to be. Riders are protected by a wide range of electronic aids and gizmos.

If someone wants to buy a 200bhp supersports, whack the TC and other aids up to full and wobble around in novices then it's up to them. So long as they're having fn.
I know you can but the type of people who do take these on track still won't fully open the throttle.

My mate and his GSXR got written off on track (some young kid chopped his nose off in a heavy braking zone and he lost the front - bike went home in 3 boxes). He thought the Superduke was better suited for his riding but is now looking to get rid of it as he doesn't enjoy it - because he can't use it like the could the GSXR.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

You should have bought that
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Blade wrote:You should have bought that
I would have but it came at the wrong time. It went up for sale in mid July when my house moving fiasco was going on. It was sold by the time I had a moving date.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Goes like that sometimes.

I've missed a few deals over the years which I regret as timing was off or I hesitated.

Good deals rarely hang around.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Bikes are lost to he who hesitates.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

It is everyone's choice whether they buy a 200bhp motorbike. I am glad they exist and i guess its to some extent fortunate for biking in generl that not many can afford to buy and run one.

I have to say they i would not trust myself with the V4 Panigale on the road. Where previous bikes got to xxxmph and then the pull starts to slow, the V4 was easily +30 on that and still pulling very very hard. That gives such a huge buzz, it would be impossible not to want to feel that on a regular basis if it was my own bike. And as much as the brakes slowed the bike very fast, there are some laws of physics that electronic aids will never beat.
When some myopic OAP pulls out without looking for example.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Jsut goi g back tk the OP.

Wow I proper like that. I'm not really a naked man but when they look as beastly as that I can not help but fall in love with it. These naked seem to get better looking each time I cast an eye over them...am I getting old!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk