Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: Rossgo's Trip Away!

Post by D41 »

You must be great in the fog.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

The road was all one way at the time so lines didn't apply. Lots of police were around though

Too tired to give a update but haven't touched our bikes today - been exploring!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Last day in the island and had a good ride around, Bride, peel, castletown, Douglas, Sound, and some other places that I can't think of.

Also went up the mountain again- 2 way now but looked down at the Speedo and saw 146! Got on the ferry in beautiful sunshine got off in the pitch black and pissing rain. Got in to the hotel at almost 1.

My mates rental (Duke 959) is over heating and smells like burning. We pulled over and the breakdown service said 3AM - we was 20 mins away from.the hotel so had to keep pulling over to let it cool down. He will give a call tomorrow and get them out.

What a night

Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Not good to read Rossgo. Hope you managed to get some sleep and get things sorted this morning buddy. Bloody Italian show ponies (facepalm)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Well RAC man turned up this morning (9 mins away from the hotel which was a stroke of luck!) Needs a new radiator cap as looks like it's failed. Easy fix but need to get one on order. My friend didn't ride home he blagged a rental car from the company. Unsure exactly what the details are but it sounds like this is what has happened.

Rode around Windermere today - there are very few pull in places to stop for photos whoch was a proper bummer. I managed to get a nice amount of air from a bridge today which was just doen the road. Felt like a riding God!!

Blade

Post by Blade »

Can you go to a Duati dealer and pick up a radiator cap? If they have to order one in, but have one on a bike in store they might let you take that one, if you explain about your trip being a one off event.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

If I was out riding and got "a nice amount of air" I think I'd also get a nice amount of heart failure long before the bike ever landed.
WTF is wrong with you people?? (rolf)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade - he actually had to cut the trip short to be honest. His dad passed away a couple of weeks ago and today is his funeral so he had to shoot home anyway.

Thing is it's almost as if his dad looked out for him having his duke fail on him. Reason why I say this is because he had to get home anyway but it was peeing it down hard so instead of riding ('like how he should/ would of been) he got a hire car which protected him from the rain!

However what didn't go wuite so well was the fact that he had his duke dropped by the breakdown service which was relaying his bike back to the rental company. He luckily took a handover video so he knows it was perfect when he handed it over to the breakdown guys

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D41 wrote:If I was out riding and got "a nice amount of air" I think I'd also get a nice amount of heart failure long before the bike ever landed.
WTF is wrong with you people?? (rolf)
ImageImage

It was an excellent feeling

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Scotland today to fort William. Absolutely amazing ride!

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Fort william to Perth using the Old Military Road (may A93 unsure of correct road no though) what an epic pieve of road. Some parts very fast other parts you wouldn't want to push more than 40 on. Seen 3 Mclarens, countless BMWs M3, M5s etc, 1 very old mint condition Ferrari, rolls Royce with private number plate and so many others. Absolutely crazy so many luxurious cars down one road. Had a cracking time really tried to cram in some great roads.

1 day left now

Blade

Post by Blade »

Sounds epic Rossgo. Get some photos pal (y)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I defo have some good pics lol

Well i am now back across the boarder. Had to cut today down by a fair amount (150miles or so), cut out the Pennines and Yorkshire Dales roads whoch is a massive shame.

Found an a lovely road up in Scotland though just off the A7 just south of Edinburgh - B7007 - really lovely bit of road, strange as well as 3/4 the way through it goes straigjt through a golf course!

It started to pee it diwn after that. So pulled over got oir waterproofs on and had a descussion - too carry on another 4.5 hours - 166 mile trip through lovely A and B roads or carry on fown M6 and get to the hotel. We decided to hit the m6 and come.straight to the hotel. However we were less than 30 mins away from the hotel and a small bit of road was fully closed off.....so we added abother hour onto our trip taking a back route - lovely bits of road but greasy wet and had a couple of slides so slowed the pace down.

Would loved to of tried out the 2 national parks in way down south but wasn't to be.

1400 miles so far still got to get home but bike is amazing and really suites touring

Highlands, were incredible wanted to take a pic of the 'welcome to the highlands' sign but was having far too much fun on the roads

Realised The Scottish roads are built for durability not grip but as did habe a couple of slides but had a great time

Pics will be attached soon but very slow internet so give me a little while

Feeling saddened because it's the end now but hopefully not the last trip I do, I now want to get up to John o Groats at some point!

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

So feeling a little cheated and need a vent but also happened while.on this trip so placing here instead of the vent section

Ordered a desert (ice cream sundae) but without the whipped cream...usually when you ask for this the restaurant will top that extra little bit with ice cream to fill the gap....not up here they don't!! Pic attached

This is literally what was handed to me!! ImageImage

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Been on my last hotel room.for 10 mins and my sh!t is already everywhereImage

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

A few pics from IoM and Scotland I have approx 300 odd pics taken from this trip so this will be a small collection of them!

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

PicsImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

3rd pic was southern 100 - we were sitting on the grass verge for 2 hours watching the racing then moved to church bend. We walked the whole southern 100 circuit. Cracking racing. Really lucky seeing the senior TT and the southern 100 as we got talking to loads of people who said lots of racing was cancelled due to rainImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

The random building is called The forge - smoke house. Nice food lovely little pond in the back with ducks and ducklings, chickens and a rooster. ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Tried to explore as much of the island as possible while there. So we have been on the buses, trains (steam train) trams, foot, asked plenty of locals for their recommendations and explored by bike tooImageImageImageImageImageImage