Rossgo's Trip Away!

The news and your views about biking
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: Rossgo's Trip Away!

Post by kiwikrasher »

Deegee wrote:I got talked into buying the first EDZ suit when I bought new leathers, that said, the first time I got out of sweaty leathers after a track session using the undersuit was a revelation, never used the boxers and tee shirt again.
I did used to wear skins at the track and I do wear them still in hot weather here. But my trip around NZ the weather was a lot more mild and I was in textiles so just rolled with the T-shirt
Last edited by kiwikrasher on 15 Feb 2019, 07:37, edited 2 times in total.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cheers duke. I've taken a look they are prettt pricy for socks!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

They will last for years though. I think mine are about 5 years old and still as good as new.
Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

Rossgo wrote:
Monty wrote:Ross try some Merino wool socks. They’re cool in the summer, warm in the winter and don’t smell. I got 9 days out of 2 pairs on my last trip.
Literally just looked this up...There's loads who'd of thought!! Out of interest which pair was you using, sports, thermal, everyday?!! I tend to use the slightly thicker sports socks as i find them.more comfortable than the thin type lol
I’ve got a few pairs of these and use them for both hiking and biking.

Very cheap, quite thick but work for both summer and winter. They don’t itch at all.

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/eu/me ... l/#tabArea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Rossgo go light mate your in bike gear all day you just need something comfortable for the evening. You can either wash your nicks and socks in a hotel sink and dry on a radiator overnight or just buy 10 cheap pairs in Primark and throw as you go.

Don't over think it mate. Your staying in the U.K. so if you forget anything there is always an Asda or similar where you can get most things you might need or possibly forgot.

Part of any trip is getting it wrong and laughing about the experience. Just turn up, bring yourself and have fun (y)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

duke63 wrote:They will last for years though. I think mine are about 5 years old and still as good as new.
5 years old that's good going to be honest.
Monty wrote:
Rossgo wrote:
Monty wrote:Ross try some Merino wool socks. They’re cool in the summer, warm in the winter and don’t smell. I got 9 days out of 2 pairs on my last trip.
Literally just looked this up...There's loads who'd of thought!! Out of interest which pair was you using, sports, thermal, everyday?!! I tend to use the slightly thicker sports socks as i find them.more comfortable than the thin type lol
I’ve got a few pairs of these and use them for both hiking and biking.

Very cheap, quite thick but work for both summer and winter. They don’t itch at all.

https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/eu/me ... l/#tabArea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the link. I've had a look they do lool good quaility I must admit

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade wrote:Rossgo go light mate your in bike gear all day you just need something comfortable for the evening. You can either wash your nicks and socks in a hotel sink and dry on a radiator overnight or just buy 10 cheap pairs in Primark and throw as you go.

Don't over think it mate. Your staying in the U.K. so if you forget anything there is always an Asda or similar where you can get most things you might need or possibly forgot.

Part of any trip is getting it wrong and laughing about the experience. Just turn up, bring yourself and have fun (y)
Thanks Blade. I have considered buying and chucking as i go I was thinking that would be pretty easy going, but same time was thinking if I buy good quaility stuff then it will last for years. Decisions decisions

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I've picked up another puncture repair kit. The first ones good but only had one plug so i picked up another one, this should just help all 4 of us just in case

Even has a multi tool in it! 20quid all in not too bad. Plus I have extra canisters Image

Monty

Post by Monty »

Got a linky Ross?
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

@Monty

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 1945406798" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So the one i got which was slightly cheaper (less canisters I think) has now been sold out, I guess because there were only 2 remaining when I picked ordered it from eBay

This one in this link has more canisters but 2 quid more. Still good value for money in my opinion.

Also found this one as well which I liked but doesn't have a mulittool instead it has a knife

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3687863923" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Need opinions please

When I go away I tend to bring with me a light waterproof cover. Now this acts as 2 different protestants. 1, protects from rain over night. 2. Also just helps with deterring that opportunist thief when it's left overnight at a hotel etc. Anything just to slow them down helps a lot in my opinion.

My gut instinct is that I should bring this with me and not change the way I go about it as it does help, but I'd lile to hear opinions on this and if others do the same?

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I've never bothered. Bikes can get wet in the day so there's no issue if they get wet at night.

If there's a group of you the bikes will attract attention anyway so a cover won't make any difference.

It's extra luggage you can do without.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Wouldn't bother.

You will find you regret taking things you didn't need.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Thanks for your responses fellas.

Ok i think that's a clear no

Monty

Post by Monty »

Monty™© MCMLXXII
Monty

Post by Monty »

Monty™© MCMLXXII
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

I'd use last-night's-towel to dry your bike rather than carry a cover you may or may not need.
Anyway....you'd uncover it and three minutes later it'd be on roads that are not dry.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

D41 wrote:I'd use last-night's-towel to dry your bike rather than carry a cover you may or may not need.
Anyway....you'd uncover it and three minutes later it'd be on roads that are not dry.
I have to admit to doing this (blush) I do feel a little bad when the towels are quite expensive, but that only lasts until I checkout and see what they are charging me anyway..
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I take s small very thin micro fiber towel with me. This bundles up into a very small ball and is very light. Only time I'll be getting a hotel towl will be 3 times while in Scotland.

I did a dry test pack today and fitted it to the bike. I tried out the 30lt Kriega tail pack, wow that thing is crazy, it fits everything nicely. Also have a 10lt too which is a day pack had everything is need for the day

Perfect very happy Chappie today

kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

30L for 10 days and a day pack sounds like you’ve got it pretty sorted (y)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.