Diesel spill claim settlement

The news and your views about biking
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Diesel spill claim settlement

Post by T.C. »

As a rider, I hate diesel and oil spillages which have become one of my pet hates, and so a big congratulations is owed to my colleague Kirsty Hodgson who has just won a significant claim for a rider who suffered because of diesel/oil spillage.

Agreed the evidence was easier to gather as it was pretty evident, but the point is, that companies and drivers and local authorities can be held to account.

https://www.hudgellsolicitors.co.uk/new ... er-injury/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Diesel spill claim settlement

Post by Kwacky »

Excellent result. Finding the culprit responsible makes a massive difference, especially when you've got witnesses in support.

Can you say if that was on a full liability basis?
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Post by T.C. »

Kwacky wrote:
Can you say if that was on a full liability basis?
It was indeed 100% in favour of the rider :)

Defendant had little choice but to put their hands up in light of the overwhelming evidence and location where it happened. They could not pass the buck.

But bear in mind, similar problems are often encountered close to petrol stations so the same principle applies.
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
bud
Your Bike: Honda Hornet, Honda CBF250, Yamaha Slider

Post by bud »

Good result. I don't think these companies realise how dangerous this can be to bikes.
Where I work I have to ride past a bus depot, and a truck stop. Some days the diesel on the road is unbelievable.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Well done. It's all too often we see diesel on the roads and you got to be so careful, nice to see someone getting what they should get from the person responsible

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk