Fake Arai alert

The news and your views about biking
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Fake Arai alert

Post by T.C. »

Some of you may not be aware that Ebay have been advertising fake Arai helmets.

I have spoken to Terry Birtles the MD at Moto-Direct who are the UK importers of Arai who said

“We’ve reported to eBay and contacted the sellers but they are based in Asia and seemingly don’t give a monkey’s!”

It’s obviously way too cheap… Arai are handmade in Japan and take days to make so the real price reflects that.

The visor is wrap round – Arai have never done a wrap round visor always favouring side pods to meet their smoother rounder shape for sliding.

Box and trims are all just cheap and not consistent.

There is no ECE marking obvious.

I have said many times that a helmet should only be purchased from a dealer, but if you if you are considering or know someone who is considering buying a new Arai, then mabe point them in the direction of this post.

Terry Birtles, the MD at the Arai importers will be happy to provide further information if required.
Attachments
Fake Arai.jpg
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: Fake Arai alert

Post by D6Nutz »

Cheers T.C.

I'm with you on only purchasing from a dealer, but I can see how this would look attractive to someone on a budget.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

There is a lot of fake motorcycle gear sold on ebay.

I wouldn't personally buy anything Alpinestars on there without knowing who the seller was. There are lots of cheap copies of their gloves out there.

Ditto there is a business selling fake Ducati/Dainese jackets using photos of the genuine stuff to promote what they sell.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I only buy from recognised stores, even on eBay.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cheers for the heads up T.C. I personally wouldnt buy sometjing lile this off eBay. I would prefer to go too the shop and know what im buying, also if I get issues (lile i did with my HJC) I simply go back hand it in to them and they send it straight back to manufacturer, at least you know it cant be fake then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk