Be careful out there

The news and your views about biking
Flow
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple R

Be careful out there

Post by Flow »

Hi guys & girls,

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I've now seen the aftermath of four bike accidents in the last two weeks.

Two of these I could tell instantly we're not the rider's fault but could have been avoided by more defensive riding in rush hour traffic.

The last incident I saw yesterday, involved a very sad looking GSX-R in the offside lane of the M4 about a dozen traffic cops and very sadly an air ambulance parked on a green beside the slip road. I suspect he/she didn't sleep in his own bed last night, I hope he/she gets to in the future.

Like I say, maybe it's just one of those coincidence things, maybe it's people getting back on bikes after a winter in the garage, but whatever it is, let's remind ourselves to be sharp & smart out there.

Flow.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Be careful out there

Post by Kwacky »

Yep, I've just posted something similar below.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I've seen some very stupid riding over the last few weeks too. Its as if everyone forgets how dangerous it can be.

Take care all.
Moonie
Your Bike: Morpheus the 675

Post by Moonie »

Hmmm it's not an easy ride out there these days. Not so bad once you get out into the countryside, but I have to say, even then there's still plenty of obstacles!! I no longer choose to commute on my bike except every once in a while, and to keep my eye in, so to speak. Hope everyone stays sharp and rides safe :S
Sorry I missed church, I was busy practicing witchcraft!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Car drivers and bike riders are both to blame in situations like these.
These riders could of been fair weather riders or all year commuters and their luck just ran out. Either way always sad to hear about fellow riders getting knocked off