This Friday at the Ace

The news and your views about biking
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

This Friday at the Ace

Post by T.C. »

This Friday is our penultimate Hudgell Bike night for 2018 at the Ace Cafe.

Our guests this week are The Back Up Trust, a charity who helps people who have suffered spinal cord injuries

https://www.backuptrust.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They will be alongside us rattling their tins in the hope that a few people might donate a few shillings, (after all, it is something we all hope that we do not come to rely upon ourselves in the future) as well as having a few adapted bikes and trikes on show.

We ourselves will be running a prize draw with a prize I hope people will want to win (a usefull prize I hasten to add :) ) so lots to ponder and chat about.

If you are attending, do come over and say Hi, either to me or go and have a chat and make a small donation to the charity.
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: This Friday at the Ace

Post by D6Nutz »

The Backup Trust is a fabulous group of individuals who give people some amazing opportunities.

I was lucky enough a few years back to do a tandem freefall jump to raise money for then. They guy that got us all into it was in his early 20's and paraplegic, he also jumped with us thanks to a backup instructor.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Re: This Friday at the Ace

Post by T.C. »

Confirmed today.....

A Gopro video cam will be up for grabs in the prize draw :)
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next