What a jobsworth

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

What a jobsworth

Post by Kwacky »

https://www.bloodbikesdevon.org.uk/news ... not-guilty" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: What a jobsworth

Post by C00kiemonster »

Bloody ridiculous. The policeman was already dealing with something else, blood bikes are clearly marked as such and having kids in the back??

Twat. He needs disciplining.
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Post by T.C. »

I read that this morning as well.

I think not only did he have a vendetta against SERV, but he was also showing off to the 2 young passengers he had on board as well.

Going back 30 or 4o years ago when I was a young traffic cop, it was accepted that any vehicle could be used as an Ambulance, which included a private vehicle if it was being used for an emergency purpose.

I am surprised the District Judge (who will himself be a qualified Solicitor) took so long to come to the determination that it was lawful to have the sirens fitted. That could have been answered quickly and by making one phone call.

Shame it doesn't mention about what happened in respect of the kids in the back, but I guess the Deven team were not interested in that aspect. Understandable really....
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I suspect the 3 hours reading time about the issue of sirens was probably used to write a very carefully worded judgment.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

What a waste of resources , time , money one word DICK HEAD
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
T.C.

Post by T.C. »

rocket wrote:What a waste of resources , time , money one word DICK HEAD
100% agree.

Trouble is it makes me embarrased to admit that I am a part of the Traffic Division family (despite being retired) and all the hard working genuine serving traffic cops (which are getting fewer by the week) will be deemed to be of a similar dissposition.

I know that there are bad apples in every barrel, but this could have had very real serious consequences all because he thought he was being clever,

Dick head is a bit of an understatement ;) :)
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Isn’t it the case that most forces no longer have a dedicated traffic section and officers?
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I don't think that's the case. I'm still dealing with traffic officers and they're in their own departments.
T.C.

Post by T.C. »

duke63 wrote:Isn’t it the case that most forces no longer have a dedicated traffic section and officers?
A few forces have closed down their Traffic Divisions (sorry, roads policing departments) and intergrated them into division as over glorified panda cars but 99% have downsized at the very least as many chief officers do not think that traffic policing is front line policing even though they make more crime arrests and see more dead bodies in a year than your average superstar (sorry, CID) officer in their whole career.

In my force, when I served, there were over 250 of us (out of a force of over 4,000 of which 42 of us were full time motorcyclists.

Now? Just over 100 and maybe 6 part time motorcyclists.

What does that tell you about what many forces think of traffic policing?
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

As I said on twitter, the fact that he has previous makes it very clear the guy has a personal issue, And I really do think its along the lines of "Im a policeman, youre not, therefore you obey me"

Either way the whole thing is insane.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

T.C. wrote:
duke63 wrote:Isn’t it the case that most forces no longer have a dedicated traffic section and officers?
A few forces have closed down their Traffic Divisions (sorry, roads policing departments) and intergrated them into division as over glorified panda cars but 99% have downsized at the very least as many chief officers do not think that traffic policing is front line policing even though they make more crime arrests and see more dead bodies in a year than your average superstar (sorry, CID) officer in their whole career.

In my force, when I served, there were over 250 of us (out of a force of over 4,000 of which 42 of us were full time motorcyclists.

Now? Just over 100 and maybe 6 part time motorcyclists.

What does that tell you about what many forces think of traffic policing?
Yes but putting more and more cameras on the roads is far more cost effective :(