Speeding charges dropped against 4 bikers

The news and your views about biking
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Speeding charges dropped against 4 bikers

Post by Rossgo »

Blade wrote:
Life is risk.
Where theres a blame theirs a claim!! A slogan that is ruining the western world right now

One of our neighbours tripped over a slightly uneven floor just outside of town, she had her arm in a sling and couldnt stop moaning about how its the councils fault and she will sue them for all their worth and shes not letting it go becaude its their fault she walks, its their fault she didnt lift her foot up far enough, its their fault she didnt look and scan the ground for faults, its their fault she was walking at that exact time, at that exact area, its their fault they arent walking about checking every bit of pavement in our whole area, its their fault she pays her taxes and it wasnt fixed straight away....

(Facepalm)

Seriously couldnt agree more with your statement 'life is a risk', but some people are just nobheads Image

Also as for speed, yes its unacceptable but everyone has a moment of twist the wrist, we all perceive risk in a different way. Eg a crack in the floor on a pavement where we walk at 3mph is clearly a massive death trap but a pot hole in the middle of the road at 40mph means f all, those dam motorcyclists will be fine (facepalm)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote: Anyway I guess the agreed opinion is don't do, its not acceptable but at some point we've all done it and learned from the experience.
Not what I said at all. Your question was ‘do you consider it dangeous’ And my opinion was yes I consider it dangerous to an extend because regardless of the risk mitigation the consequence is quite high.

As for doing it, that’s a different story. As you say life is full of risk. We hopefully calculate that risk and the consequences and make an educated decision. The ride on the weekend I may or may not have been up around those speeds on occasion in similar circumstances to what you described. But I didn’t think there was no danger in doing it.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

If bikes were safe, I don't think I'd want to ride...it's the risk that makes it worthwhile.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

kiwikrasher wrote:
Blade wrote: Anyway I guess the agreed opinion is don't do, its not acceptable but at some point we've all done it and learned from the experience.
Not what I said at all. Your question was ‘do you consider it dangeous’ And my opinion was yes I consider it dangerous to an extend because regardless of the risk mitigation the consequence is quite high.

As for doing it, that’s a different story. As you say life is full of risk. We hopefully calculate that risk and the consequences and make an educated decision. The ride on the weekend I may or may not have been up around those speeds on occasion in similar circumstances to what you described. But I didn’t think there was no danger in doing it.
Kiwi the comment you quoted above, wasn't aimed at you mate.

TBH I was just trying to draw a line under my involvement in the discussion and get out. Being honest I don't even believe my own comment I just wanted out.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:
kiwikrasher wrote:

Kiwi the comment you quoted above, wasn't aimed at you mate.

TBH I was just trying to draw a line under my involvement in the discussion and get out. Being honest I don't even believe my own comment I just wanted out.
All good mate, no offence was taken on my part, just good vigorous debate on wether we should give in to the little devil sitting on our shoulder :D
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.