Almeria May 2018

The news and your views about biking
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Almeria May 2018

Post by rocket »

Got back last night form Spain were i have been honing around Almeria on my Rsv4. Had a great time with everyone that was there.

The rsv4 performed fantastic i was very nervous about what the bike was going to be like on track as on the road it is a PIG. It belongs on a track and was amazingly stable.
The first day i was full of nerves 1st time on a serious 1000cc bike round a track that did not seem to want to perform on the road. I used the Michelin rs tyres for the first day. They performed fantastic and would highly recommend them as a good all round tyre. I took it steady on the first day and tried to remember the track i struggled at certain corners to get into a rhythm but the bike just looked after me and nursed me round. The second day i decided to try the slicks Bridgestone v02 medium comp. I was again very nervous about using slicks for the first time. I should not have been at all. 2 Laps in the grip was amazing the feel from the front was if it could have climbed a wall and the rear was punching out of corners were the front was getting light were it had not done before. I started putting some decent times in as i bought a laptimer. Not to chase times but to see were i was and if i was improving. I felt i was still getting certain corners wrong so i took some instruction on the 2nd day. I got good feed back and tided a few lines to make bits smoother. The 3rd day and it was all clicking into place i was smoother just trying to add some speed in without trying to push my self enjoying the time on track it was Awesome.

So I looked at my times. The first day my times were a bit random but i managed a few 2.01 which i was really happy. After seeing that i thought if i can get under the 2 min mark i would have achieved a personal goal. The second day i managed a lot of 2.00.45 sort of times with one random 1.58.90 thrown in. Which i was ecstatic about however i could not seem to get under the 2 min constantly. Day 3 after the bit of coaching i was riding well with in myself and knowing there were places i could have pushed and still been comfortable i was doing 1.59 constantly, which Im really happy with as i was not really pushing just working on 1 section of corners. So I'm VERY HAPPY.

The bike performed amazing it does use LOADS of petrol and a bit of oil but the Chassis is amazing i think i can make some improvements on the front end as i had quite a bit of dive on the brakes.

It was Great to see some old and new faces and to see Andy enjoying him self we had some really good giggles in the bar. Can not wait till the next one.

Two Italian stalions

This was Tito rabbats old honing round doing laps bike was a work of art.

And plenty of these had to be drunk to stop the dehydration,

"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Re: Almeria May 2018

Post by kingfixer »

I'm not reading it (tmi)
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Nice one mate. Sounds like an ideal time away.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Sounds brillant. Let me know when next ones are and hopefully if dates line up, I'm in (lol)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Would love to do this one of these one day. Just wonder if three days is too long though. What did you find, Rocket? Or does riding bikes on racetracks in the warm sun make you forget the tiredness?
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

duke63 wrote:Would love to do this one of these one day. Just wonder if three days is too long though. What did you find, Rocket? Or does riding bikes on racetracks in the warm sun make you forget the tiredness?
I reckon it would be fun to go down there as a group of 3 on the bikes, hire a track bike at the track and share it during the 3 days, helping each other with pit duties etc.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Hiring a bike to share is a good idea.
Jack
Your Bike:

Post by Jack »

Kwacky wrote:Hiring a bike to share is a good idea.
unless someone bins it
rocket

Post by rocket »

Yep crashing the bike be messing people's holidays up no thanks
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Looks superb Rocket glad you guys had a great time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
rocket

Post by rocket »

duke63 wrote:Would love to do this one of these one day. Just wonder if three days is too long though. What did you find, Rocket? Or does riding bikes on racetracks in the warm sun make you forget the tiredness?
No duke you get tired Very tired.

However the reason i see that they are at least 2-3 days is that you pay all that money to get your bike shipped and get over there flights , car hire or transport ,hotel etc. it would be a waste to do it for a single day even 2 days would be a bit meh. The open pit lane format with bbs for me works better as well as you can judge your own fitness and do as much or as little through the 3 days as you please. Although other companies are cheaper the cost of the trackday is only part of it. The other costs can mount up so if your going to travel to have cake dont eat the tesco sponge pay the extra and get the homemade Chocolate gateau.