2015 Euro Track Date

The news and your views about biking
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: 2015 Euro Track Date

Post by Frankie »

I cant comment on tracks in Europe with anyone else except BBS, I did my first one in April last year and spoiled myself by doing a second in October and will be doing a 3rd in a couple of weeks time. So how others operate I have no idea, and I dont think I can use experiences from uk track days with these same companies as an example so I wont.
But I can say that I went with BBS for a few reasons, Since meeting Gary he has done nothing but give me great service on my tyres and MOTs and general assistance, this in itself adds the trust and confidence aspect straight away.

Secondly it is open pit for the duration, with great instruction and off track assistance, he is fully set up for r tyres, brakes etc. Its also limited to a select number of riders total, so you have plenty of time on track to develop your skills at your pace.

But it is more of a family affair the people who go seem to be regular, the evenings are very well catered for hotels are top notch. I went on my own the first time, and was looked after really well, hence going again. These were two days on track, this time it will be 3 days on track, but even two days is plenty to be fair, for 10am to 5 or 6 with an hour break for lunch and well needed ;) for sure.

You may say its expensive, but I am happy to pay a little extra for the service, comfort, peace of mind that I am being well looked after and so is my bike.
I have to say with the instruction I got from Jake and Bones last April it helped my riding on track loads, I am never going to be setting lap records, but I feel better from it and have enjoyed it loads, which after all is what I want from these trips. (y)
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

I'll see how the money goes nearer the time tbh. Got some big bills this year, so will see.

Worst case I might make my way down overland and at least watch and have a few beers in the evenings..
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Not heard of BBS before but just read their "About Us" page on their website and they seem very good.

http://www.bbseurotracks.co.uk/about.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I like the fact that they limit the event to 40-45 riders where as some companys in my experience in the UK over book and its like riding roiund at rush hour :@
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I'm happy to pay extra if that means any track time isn't a demolition derby.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

As I said I have been out with them twice now and this will be my third time, all I have is praise for the hospitality and organisation that is put into making the track experience a pleasure.
Rob
Your Bike: Daytona 650, Kawasaki ZX10r

Post by Rob »

I've only done 1 euro & it was with No Limits. They run a tight ship and are very professional yet still very friendly.

I have not really looked into BBS before but having read through their site, and the quoted figures of riders, and the fact its open pit lane it sounds perfect!!

On the other hand, I have heard a couple of horror stories with Focused Events so would not really be keen on doing a Euro trip with them.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Read for yourselves - And we can make sure Jacks on board for photos ;)
My pics mainly in the Cartagena 2013 gallery, not quiet jacksnaps quality, but it gives you a feel it....
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:I'm happy to pay extra if that means any track time isn't a demolition derby.
(f1) the more space on track there is the better for everyone else on track at the same time as me.

I'm wondering, as tyres aren't cheap would it be worth shopping round for a set of race scrubs. Do you get sets that would have enough life for a trackday?
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Post by Godzilla »

I went with No Limits and it was my first trip so don't have personal experience to compare. As far as I am concerned I didnt have any complaints. There were more people there than I am guessing BBS take but it want too busy on track. It was for 4 days and not everyone went out all the time in all sessions. You can see that in the video I posted.
I don't think days was too much. In fact wouldn't even consider anything less than 3 days. I doesn't seem worth the hassle of shipping the bike for less.

I am surprised that people have heard bad reports of FE. All I heard was praise of their Euro events of people on my trip.

I wouldn't think twice about booking with them.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I think its a fair point that its a long way to go for just two days. I think i would want to do three if i went all that way.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Nice focused events track day report here http://youtu.be/Ang6BfueReM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

duke63 wrote:I think its a fair point that its a long way to go for just two days. I think i would want to do three if i went all that way.
While I agree, I'm not sure I've got the fitness to do 3 days straight on track..

But.... That said, it could persuade me to do an extra day a week down the gym :D

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Post by Godzilla »

D6Nutz wrote:
duke63 wrote:I think its a fair point that its a long way to go for just two days. I think i would want to do three if i went all that way.
While I agree, I'm not sure I've got the fitness to do 3 days straight on track..

But.... That said, it could persuade me to do an extra day a week down the gym :D
I was surprised that I lasted 4 days, and didnt want to come home. lol
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

I'm thinking though that if you have an Open pit lane, you can pace yourself as there is no pressure to go out to use the time allotted to you.

I think that every trackday i have been on, i have felt sometimes i wished that session had been longer...or maybe shorter but I felt obliged to use the time i had paid for.

You do quite literally have all day..and another day and another day :D
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Post by Godzilla »

I found 20 mins is plenty, am ready for coming in after that time. And knowing you have 4 days you dont mind coming in a little early, or even missing a session.
Godzilla
Your Bike:

Post by Godzilla »

Another company worth considering:

http://www.tracksense.co.uk/trackdatesprices.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eg:
ALMERIA CIRCUIT: THURS 9 TO SUN 12 OCT 2014
4 days on Europe’s driest circuit with optional fun races!
4 track days, bike transport & 4 star hotel £599 if booked by 25 July (£649 thereafter).
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

I thought this was a 2015 event ?
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

It is. I can't go this year.

I think Godzilla was posting a link to show what they offer rather than suggesting we go in October.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Godzilla wrote:Another company worth considering:

http://www.tracksense.co.uk/trackdatesprices.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

eg:
4 track days, bike transport & 4 star hotel £599 if booked by 25 July (£649 thereafter).
I like the look of them, lots of good options on track, and the ability to drop the bike locally is a bonus as well.

Monty
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Post by Monty »

D6Nutz wrote:
Godzilla wrote:Another company worth considering:

eg:
I like the look of them, lots of good options on track, and the ability to drop the bike locally is a bonus as well.
Can't comment on the track days they run but they are a good honest bunch. I used to buy tyres off them and they did the odd bit of work on my bike when I lived in Surrey.
Monty™© MCMLXXII