I must be getting old

The news and your views about biking
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

I must be getting old

Post by T.C. »

I was in Doble Honda in Coulsdon who we work closely with earlier today having a natter with Rob and Phil when Rob asked if I had seen the new Gold Wing yet?

I said that I had read some of the press release/launch road tests but not seen one yet in the flesh.

So, having just taken delivery Rob led me over to the first one they had just had delivered.

I got on board, and I have to say, I was impressed. It felt comfortable, the riding position was spot on, it did not feel as physically bulky as the previous wing, certainly not as wide, what did feel strange though was not having a clutch lever, just a paddle in the switch cluster.

Anyway, long story short, I got off it thinking I really would not mind one if I could afford the near £30K (They have sold a few already) and then it hit me, of course I wouldn't mind one, I am now considered Old. Not as old as some old folk, at the moment just the young end of old :(

Anyway, their demonstrator arrives in a few weeks time and I have been promised the keys for the day :) I will let you know how it goes.

Its not a Bird I know, but then I don't think my decrepid bones would allow me back on a Bird now...
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Re: I must be getting old

Post by StMarks »

Two wheeled car IMO.? (smirk)
Enjoy the test flight in a few weeks anyway TC.
Meanwhile some incentive for you to consider.:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOWBwNQ3x7M[/video]
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Yes mate, you're old ;)
T.C.
Your Bike: Blackbird

Post by T.C. »

Kwacky wrote:Yes mate, you're old ;)
Thanks.... Rub it in why don't you? ;) :D

That said, if you have not ridden one in the past, don't knock it until you have tried one.

When I started riding the original GL1000 had not long been launched. I laughed at them all those years until I got to ride one and it totally blew my socks off. I was amazed. A bike that big and comfortable did not deserve to be so nimble, capable and have so much torque.

Whilst I never had any aspirations to wn a wing (until now ;) ) I learnt a long time ago not to knock what I haven't tried.

But I still have a soft spot for the original 75 bike
Attachments
Honda GL1000.jpg
It is better to arrive 30 seconds late in this world than 30 years early in the next
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

My mums cousin has an old 80s Goldwing, he took it round brands hatch, that was funny! sitting in pit lane with the radio on! it was wet too, I think clearways in the wet on that thing scared him
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

People knock it but when you write a review i bet people will read it im interested in your thoughts, not my type of bike but interested never the less

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

That’s the late, great Ronnie Smith at the helm of HMS Goldwing in that pic.