London scooter thief jailed for 10 years

The news and your views about biking
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Re: London scooter thief jailed for 10 years

Post by kiwikrasher »

Cav wrote:A guy I know is currently serving in Military prison.. no idea what it's like in their to be honest.
It was nearly 20 yrs ago the guys I know went in, so like everything it’s probably soften up somewhat. But I remember being told the welcome they got. Arrive in uniform with you luggage. You don’t move anywhere unless you are doing double time (running). They start you in the middle of six poles in a line 100-200 m apart (fading memory) each pole has three bands of colour at the top and a quote at the bottom. You had to go to each pole alternating sides of the centre spot (designed to make you cover the most distance) remember all the colour bands and quotes and recite them to the SGT in the order he decided at the time. You get it wrong, do it all again till you got it right. At all times maintaining correct dress and carrying your luggage.

That was just the welcome.
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

The UK MCTC* is 10 miles away from me and I had the misfortune of doing a job in the “old camp” prior to it’s rebuild in the early 90’s.

I was there as a civvy, but watched a bunch of 15-20 victims turn up at the armoury that morning and get rifles, (no ammunition) they then had to hold them above their heads and do a pre-explained course at double time turning left/right at road cones and shouting at certain points in the circuit all the while being screamed at and beasted by the NCO’s. It took a couple of hours for most of the lads to get it right, when they did they got stood down, the two lads remaining were RAF not Army and tbh were shredded, I watched them attempting this for another hour and I left. I could still hear the beasting as I left.

This was in the late 80’s and a different age, I’ve since spoken to ex-soldiers who’ve said to me that demotion received prior to a spell inside were regained within months on return to unit as they were completely on top of their game as a result of their “holiday”. Not having done a term myself I wouldn’t want to comment, but it didn’t look fun to me.

* MCTC = Military Corrective Training Centre
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Some insurance companies are now refusing to provide cover for London riders

A guy on PB forum has seen his premium go up from £274 last year to almost £2,500 this year and that's with a £2k excess.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

(Shock) screw that. We need to get the boys out now with baseball bats

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

To use on the insurance people?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

D41 wrote:To use on the insurance people?
ImageImage they are criminals i give you that lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/crime/te ... spartandhp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

another 2 off the streets, filthy little rats
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...