Zips

The news and your views about biking
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Zips

Post by C00kiemonster »

Tedious topic perhaps, but i'm in London at the moment, so have used the time today to go into some bike shops and look at summer ventilated leathers and jackets (on the coldest day of the year :D ).

Found some nice jackets, but most now don't have zips you can use to zip to your leather trousers - i for one want to zip any jacket to trousers to stop the jacket riding up at the rear.

The knox stuff (nice though it is) doesn't have any zips at all at the bottom and other makes like Dainese only have their own zip system. Most jackets used to at least have the half zip at the back. doesnt seem like thats on many now.

I dont think i'd want to ride with the top and bottoms not being attached. Is it just me?
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Zips

Post by Kwacky »

It doesn't feel comfortable if they're not zipped. Both my textiles and my leathers are zipped up. If you do a track day your two piece leathers have to zip together.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

My proper leathers zip together, plus I have a one piece for track days. my jackets have never ridden up, they tend to be longer at the back, so never caused an issue. I know what you mean though.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Zip together is a must for comfort but most of all safety.

Mandatory requirement imo
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Must admit i never think about zipping textiles together and as for leather i dont have an issue due to it being a 1 piece but if i had 2 piece leathers then they would have to be zipped together. Go for comfort and safety in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk