Picking my bike up today.

The news and your views about biking
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Re: Picking my bike up today.

Post by Rossgo »

Fireball wrote:
Rossgo wrote:Im sorry for not writing on this thread havenr been able tk read new posts fkr a while having a catch up now. Happy nee bike day for a week ago!! Hope its running in nicely and you've had decent weather to be able to have a play. Running in must be a PITA but like others have said its better to do it now in the colder weather than when you want to be giving it a bit during the summer!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thats exactly right Rossgo, as soon as I find a bit of dryness I get out while taking easy I keep piling the miles on to get to the 600 miles on the clock. Then as soon as the first service is out of the way I can open up to 7 or 8000 revs for the next few hundred miles which would be sufficient for any kind of twisty roads to have a great ride on. 8)
Glad to hear you are treating it with respect Image bet its brilliant feeling. Really enjoy it fella

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Have you run it in yet?
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

Hehe only just seen your message kwacky.

No mate, I,ve done 412 miles so far. Need to get it to 600 for the first service. Last couple of days were dry and sunny but I was working.

Its been wet today but this afternoon sun came out and I put another 45 miles on the clock. Hopefully I could do the same tomorrow.

I think by end of March I,ll get the first service out of the way and then I can keep up with Monty on Derbyshire roads. 8) He,s quite quick btw. (rock)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

600 miles is only a guide. I've had a first service done early on bikes before.
Fireball
Your Bike:

Post by Fireball »

Oh I see I,ve always done the first service after 600 miles. I piled some more miles on today. I,ve got it to 536 miles now.

I,ll be phoning the dealership tomorrow to book it in for its first service. I,ve gotta take it to a dealer 40 miles away from home so that,ll be almost there anyway.