Moving up to a bigger bike, advice needed.

The news and your views about biking
baijuncheng
Your Bike:

Re: Moving up to a bigger bike, advice needed.

Post by baijuncheng »

Phone is acting up, had to log in on the craptop.

Anyway, it's really more about availability. It's seems very difficult to find a bike with a larger displacement than 125cc. More than that is apparently a grey area legally. The largest I have found at the place where I bought mine is only 150.

I was in Hong Kong a few weeks ago and I saw a guy riding a CBR600RR. I think I fell in love with it right there. I really want to try it out. Due to the difficulty I am having in finding a new bike, I intend to move to the Philippines in a few months. It's gonna be a pain in the arse, but worth it in the end. I'll have a better bike, and more beautiful surroundings to ride through.
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

Now that's dedication, move to another country just to be able to ride motorcycles (handshake)
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Nice idea.

You can then go for a rideout into the countryside and catch me some rare tarantulas :D
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Kwacky wrote:Nice idea.

You can then go for a rideout into the countryside and catch me some rare tarantulas :D
(f1) but Ill take a reticulated Python if we are placing orders please ;) get some types there, just stay away from the various vipers and cobras they also have (y)

also a bit more on topic, what about some of the chinese brands we are startin to see selling bigger bikes here such as WK, surely you can get them out there
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
baijuncheng
Your Bike:

Post by baijuncheng »

I can get the tarantulas here, maybe not rare but they have some pretty ones. Not too far away there is an exotic pet wholesale place. I have 1 Chilean Rose tarantula, 2 Emperor scorpions, 2 corn snakes, 1 milk snake, 1 rough green snake, 2 bearded dragons and 2 veiled chameleons. :D

As for the Chinese brand bikes, I haven't seen the one you mentioned but most of them try to look like existing brands. ISUZUKI, Honba, Kawamaha. I always laugh when I see the brands people are using.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

baijuncheng wrote:I can get the tarantulas here, maybe not rare but they have some pretty ones. Not too far away there is an exotic pet wholesale place. I have 1 Chilean Rose tarantula, 2 Emperor scorpions, 2 corn snakes, 1 milk snake, 1 rough green snake, 2 bearded dragons and 2 veiled chameleons. :D

As for the Chinese brand bikes, I haven't seen the one you mentioned but most of them try to look like existing brands. ISUZUKI, Honba, Kawamaha. I always laugh when I see the brands people are using.
Here is the English site, Im sure they are sold under a different name in China, ill try and find out and let you know
http://www.wkbikes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

They are called CF Moto in China mate, website wont load for me but might be worth a look

http://cfmoto.cn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

Cavetroll87 wrote:They are called CF Moto in China mate, website wont load for me but might be worth a look

http://cfmoto.cn/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interesting how they have gone for european ECUs and injection systems, not Japanese.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
baijuncheng
Your Bike:

Post by baijuncheng »

Just had a quick look. Seems their HQ is based in Zhejiang province. It's crazy though, I have never seen any bike like that on the road here. Plenty of Lamborghinis, Ferraris etc but when it comes to motorcycles, it's all the same generic stuff.
R34PER
Your Bike: Yamaha XJ6-N

Post by R34PER »

baijuncheng wrote: Yamaho.

When addressing a prostitute in Dudley. (lol)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Did you buy anything?