Wheeldon Off Road School

The news and your views about biking
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Wheeldon Off Road School

Post by Cavetroll87 »

So its my 30th next month and been thinking about things to do for it, decided Ive always wanted to give off roading a go, so next May me and the Mrs are down in Devon for a week on Holiday so decided what Id like to do is as were gunna be down that way is book up for a day doing that at the wheeldon off road centre which is down in Devon. So was wondering if any of you guys had done it and had reviews yourselfs first hand, it gets good reviews OR if any of you guys that are nearby fancy coming along.

Basically its £225 for a full days riding, bike and gear provided, its a complete introduction to off road, you don't even need to have ridden a bike before on their indoor track and then an afternoon on either there outdoor track OR if you have a road licence you ca go greenlining.

Havnt got dates yet as was looking at booking it so far in advance he basically said you tell me the dates you wanna do and Ill just make sure I have an instructor here for you and then other people can just book on that day basically.

Heres the site of you wanna have a look but I thought it seemed a fun idea

http://www.wheeldontwo.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(It was this or wheelie school haha)
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Wheeldon Off Road School

Post by Kwacky »

off roading is great fun. I don't know why I don't do it more often.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:off roading is great fun. I don't know why I don't do it more often.
We should have done that again this year as the weather was pap.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Ive never done it and always wanted to, and as much as Ive had offers to go enduro riding with mates, 1 of them is Alex Olsen (BSS Evo champ and current to 10 runner in British superstock 1000) Bradley Ray (podium BSB rider) and a few other very experienced lads, I know I wont enjoy it coz Ill get left for dead, fall off a lot and probably hurt myself having never even sat on an off road bike, That's why Id like to go and do it properly and learn the proper way to do it
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

You have to fall off, it's the law. Once you accept that falling off is part of the experience you can relax.

Cookie and I did it in France. It was a really good day out. You learn so much about riding when you're struggling for grip. It's great fun though.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

more than happy to fall off, I'm pretty good at that, do it enough on the road and it should hurt less in mud, But I know If I go with those guys they do proper hard enduros and I wont get anything from it coz it will be well out of my depth, sorta the equivalent of someone who has never ridden a road bike jumping straight on a bsb spec track bike to do their first track day, it wont end well if you get what I mean
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:You have to fall off, it's the law. Once you accept that falling off is part of the experience you can relax.

Cookie and I did it in France. It was a really good day out. You learn so much about riding when you're struggling for grip. It's great fun though.
and we fell off :D

Oh and you broke one of the bikes :P
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I tend to break most things I ride (devil) (angel)