Bike covers?

The news and your views about biking
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Bike covers?

Post by Deegee »

Due to garage renovations my bikes have got to be evicted out into the elements for a month or two, so I need to buy a couple of covers for the bikes.

What I want are cheap covers that’ll work for a minimum of two months, won’t rub through paintwork and will keep mould and corrosion at bay. The bikes will be returning into the garage before Crimbo and the covers will be done with by then.

So has anyone any recommendations? Or even manufacturers to stay away from?

Answers on a postcard etc...
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: Bike covers?

Post by Kwacky »

Stay away from R and G. They're crap.

A few of us like Protex, but they're not cheap. However, that means the older Oxford Stormex are going for less now as they've been replaced. They should do you.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Put them in the living room (devil) (devil)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

And put the wife and kids outside under cover.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Yep another one for Oxford covers. All you'll need is the cheap waterproof type. I've had a few and have always done well. Now got the stormex I think, which is very thick and soft inside, overall the best I've had but not exactly cheap

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:Stay away from R and G. They're crap.

A few of us like Protex, but they're not cheap. However, that means the older Oxford Stormex are going for less now as they've been replaced. They should do you.
I've also got the protex and its excellent, but as kwacky says, not cheap..
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

I have an Oxford Stormex, that is in it's bag stuffed behind my RS250 in the garage.
I don't expect a few months of fresh Essex air will do it much harm, if you would like to borrow it.?
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

That is a generous offer StM and Thank you, but I’ll have to decline, as should anything happen to your cover I’d not only have to replace it with with new, but I’d also feel as if I’d let you down by not caring for something lent to me in good faith.
It’s one of my hang-ups that comes from a lifetime of buying my own tools and reluctance to borrow other people kit unfortunately,
I’ll get a couple of the Stormex covers and then when the garage is finished I’ll sell them on. Hope that doesn’t offend, but it’s just my way. Cheers, DG.
PhilippaMoore
Your Bike: n/a

Post by PhilippaMoore »

Deegee wrote:Due to garage renovations my bikes have got to be evicted out into the elements for a month or two, so I need to buy a couple of covers for the bikes.

What I want are cheap covers that’ll work for a minimum of two months, won’t rub through paintwork and will keep mould and corrosion at bay. The bikes will be returning into the garage before Crimbo and the covers will be done with by then.

So has anyone any recommendations? Or even manufacturers to stay away from?

Answers on a postcard etc...
Hi there! I hope you found what you’re looking for. In situations like this, I prefer to browse online stores since it saves me a lot of time. Here, I can compare different suppliers and rates without difficulty or leaving the house. By spending quite a while on the Internet, I eventually found and bought items from this heavy duty motorcycle cover seller. Just always remember to be patient when searching so you can find the best prices out there and avoid fake online stores. If you want to stay away from the Internet, getting recommendations is also a good idea, though this will take you a much longer time. I hope my insights are helpful!
Last edited by PhilippaMoore on 03 May 2018, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I wonder want Philippa does for a living?

https://www.scoop.it/u/philippa-moore" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

PhilippaMoore wrote:
Hi there! I hope you found what you’re looking for. In situations like this, I prefer to browse online stores since it saves me a lot of time. Here, I can compare different suppliers and rates without difficulty or leaving the house. By spending quite a while on the Internet, I eventually found and bought items from this heavy duty motorcycle cover seller. Just always remember to be patient when searching so you can find the best prices out there and avoid fake online stores. If you want to stay away from the Internet, getting recommendations is also a good idea, though this will take you a much longer time. I hope my insights are helpful!
Kwacky wrote:I wonder want Philippa does for a living?

https://www.scoop.it/u/philippa-moore" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why not just post "I make motorbike covers. I believe in my product, it's dead good here's some discount etc"
Trying to sneaky only serves to put me off.