Your Bike:

Re: Nutz's 990 Superduke

Post by Perkles »

Any photos sounds like a great bike
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

D6Nutz wrote:Tried out the akra specific map today. Oh my god, it's like a different bike.

Down low it's still a bit jumpy, but that will always be the case apparently. It has 2 fuel maps and if you catch it just as it's switching it can give that jerkiness. I guess that's some character ;)

After that the fueling is so smooth I though I'd done something wrong and robbed the bike of a load of power, the speedo quickly confirmed this was not the case. The only real downside is it doesn't pop so much on overrun anymore :(
Good work!

The other thing to watch is chain tension - check it regularly. My RC8 really doesn't like a loose chain low down on the power curve and that makes it a little more jerky.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

C00kiemonster wrote:
D6Nutz wrote:Tried out the akra specific map today. Oh my god, it's like a different bike.

Down low it's still a bit jumpy, but that will always be the case apparently. It has 2 fuel maps and if you catch it just as it's switching it can give that jerkiness. I guess that's some character ;)

After that the fueling is so smooth I though I'd done something wrong and robbed the bike of a load of power, the speedo quickly confirmed this was not the case. The only real downside is it doesn't pop so much on overrun anymore :(
Good work!

The other thing to watch is chain tension - check it regularly. My RC8 really doesn't like a loose chain low down on the power curve and that makes it a little more jerky.
(y) cheers mate, good to know. I've not checked it since I've had it. Job for next weekend.

The RSV hated a loose chain too, clutchless shifts where impossible when it was loose
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Perkles wrote:Any photos sounds like a great bike
Since the first two photos I've changed the rear cowl, the one that came with the bike is somewhere between stow and where kwacky bought his bike from (wasntme)ImageImageImage

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Yes looks great and a heap of fun
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

How loud is it with the new cans my rc8 was horrendous loud without the standard exhaust
So bad I couldn't stand it and sold the aftermarket cans and went back to standard
Yamauchi
Your Bike: Kawasaki Ninja 650

Post by Yamauchi »

D6Nutz wrote:How loud is it with the new cans my rc8 was horrendous loud without the standard exhaust
So bad I couldn't stand it and sold the aftermarket cans and went back to standard
Is that carbon fiber?
Last edited by Yamauchi on 26 Oct 2021, 22:46, edited 4 times in total.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Yamauchi wrote:
D6Nutz wrote:Couldn't resist.........Image
Is that carbon fiber?
Yes mate.

D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Perkles wrote:How loud is it with the new cans my rc8 was horrendous loud without the standard exhaust
Sorry mate, didn't see your post. The cans are baffled and are pretty quiet, even kwacky was surprised how quiet it was

D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

So, out for a blast today. Covered over 1000 miles on her now and am really enjoying the ride. I really get the bike now and how it wants to be ridden, and when you ride it the way it was designed to be ridden it's a decking hoot.

The map change is spot on, to the point of being too good. You run up the gears really quickly and suddenly feel like you've run out of power, then you glance down at the speedo (shocked)

It does top out a lot earlier than the rsv, but that's not a bad thing.

The mirrors though are driving me decking nuts! Having to undo them to get in and out of the gate, only for them to come undone when you hit any kind of speed (gah)

Next purchase though, new boots as it was starting to spin up quite badly today.

Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

That bike looks a load of fun, they sound nuts and seem to like to save the front tyre ;)
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

So, working from home today I decided to use my lunch break in the way that only a biker would think of. Not enough time for a ride so fitted these..

Really cleans up the front of the bike, just got to work out whether to go for sticking out or over the gloves. Hopefully will get out next weekend to give my opinion on then in angerImageImageImageImage

Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Over the handlebars is my preference. It tidies the bike up.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

I really like them mate, think you at have convinced me that they are the ones I should go for on mine, do you have link for these ones as the ones I was looking at were ebay specials and when I have had them before they have not been great and even cracked as I tightened them up.

Also what do the actual bar end look like as I cant figure out from the pics on the ad as there is about 4 different pics and I have seen just bar ends for sale and don't know if I need them too.
Last edited by Cavetroll87 on 14 Jul 2017, 13:31, edited 1 time in total.
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

They look nice. What doesn't is the black bolts in the old mirror holes imo.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

They do look good but as said, over your hands is almost as good for view and way better for filtering.

Might have to get some myself...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I might be wrong but I think you've ordered the wrong size rad guard there mate

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

and you need black cnc pots for the brake and clutch fluid.
D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

Cavetroll87 wrote:I really like them mate, think you at have convinced me that they are the ones I should go for on mine, do you have link for these ones as the ones I was looking at were ebay specials and when I have had them before they have not been great and even cracked as I tightened them up.

Also what do the actual bar end look like as I cant figure out from the pics on the ad as there is about 4 different pics and I have seen just bar ends for sale and don't know if I need them too.
Here you go mate, there is a pic of the bar ends on the auction page. You can't really see much of the bar end as the mirrors clamp on to it.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222535664909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

D6Nutz

Post by D6Nutz »

C00kiemonster wrote:They look nice. What doesn't is the black bolts in the old mirror holes imo.
Really, oh. I thought the black would look better than some billet ones that fine match the bars. They where only £8 so I might change them..