What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by Kwacky »

Tailbacks, rubber neckers, a burning car, rain, muppets lane switching without looking.

Just another ride into work.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Today i went on an IAM observed ride. Im unsure if any of you guys remember but i was talkong about getting back into the IAM rides and applying for another test to see whether i could get a F1rst, i provably was talking about this last year maybe Nov.

Well i had an EAR (Enhanced Advanced Ride) in Nov/Dec but since then i havent done anything, mainly because i couldnt really add that to the mix of things i was doing and also because of very bad weather.

I had one of our main groups observer (think hes our chairman) in contact with me at the end of last year (beginning Dec) and we have been in contact ever since trying to arrange a ride out together. He has been brilliant as weve had a few scheduled rides but ive had to duck out and reschedule.

Well today was the day! Only 6/7 months of waiting!

We only did around a 50 odd mile route but it was his cross check route. He says im a good rider and defo pass standard but not F1rst yet! Im unsure if ill get there, not because im not good enough but more because i seem to get a little flustered from missing, lets say i miss an overtake, then ill cock up trying to make an overtake happen when its not on. If that makes sense? Ive had 3 observed rides now since last year (including this one) and all 3 observers have said the same things, why cant i get over it and move on eg missed over take, why do i over compensate for things!!

Anyway, ive asked them to be as picky as possible lol!
Good run defo enjoyed it and also booked up another one in July

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Practice it next time you're out.

You know the 3 moves. Well only do the first two, then drop back rather than go for the overtake, even if you know it's on.

I was doing that last week. My observer told me that it's good to show you're thinking about an overtake, taken a look then decided not to go for it.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:Practice it next time you're out.

You know the 3 moves. Well only do the first two, then drop back rather than go for the overtake, even if you know it's on.

I was doing that last week. My observer told me that it's good to show you're thinking about an overtake, taken a look then decided not to go for it.
Yea i agree mate. Its tough because its not lile im a bad rider or i cant do it hes said im good and confident. Its one little thing that will throw me off and then its like i am trying to find an excuse to ger that same sitiation back even when i know its not on for a few minutes. Im basically lile a woman who cant forget something you said 3 years ago but its popped back into my head so im mad about it again ImageImage

But im happy with his feed back, jist got to crack on now lol

Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Fitted the SW Motec top box rack, only rated at 5kg but it looks nicely made and everything fitted with no 'massaging' required and was half the cost of the KTM rack.

Also tried to install a Monimoto smart alarm/tracker but could not get the unit to pair with it's key fob, must have tried 100 times and it just won't have it... It pairs via Bluetooth using a phone and mane did a huge update yesterday so I will give it a few days and try again.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Had an hour spare after finishing work a bit early, be rude not too.
20180601_150001.jpg
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cavetroll87 wrote:Had an hour spare after finishing work a bit early, be rude not too.
20180601_150001.jpg
That slip on looks smart Image

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I left work early but came straight home. I had the top box on an it was full.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:I left work early but came straight home. I had the top box on an it was full.
You been stealing from work again :D
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Only the hopes and dreams of those who work with me.
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Kwacky wrote:Only the hopes and dreams of those who work with me.
They dont know how lucky they are do they? :D
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Given her a good seeing to! Clean, polish, chain clean and lube, chain adjustment, reset the trips, brake clean and usual tyre etc checks.

She's ready for the euro tour - just some luggage to pack and finalise my route (y)
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Fitted the QS, KTM haven't made it easy to get to the front cylinder but you when poking about you do get an appreciation for how much time and effort goes into hiding cables and connectors on a naked bike.

Then, obviously, had to test the QS so went for a blast out to loomies for a sausage and bacon bap and a cuppa.

Everything worked almost perfectly out of the box. Had to drop the sensitivity slightly, but that is the only change so far.

The only minor gripe is that the QS cuts the power on down shifts too, this messes up throttle blips which are really needed coming down the gearbox hard. Apparently if contract healtech they have a way of disabling the cut on downshifts, so I'm going to do that.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Gave it a decent check over and clean. The chain was cleaned twice and dried before the lube went on. I've used some proper UV protective for the plastics, then gave it a polish with some WD40 stuff. Fitted the new screen. Checked the usual nuts and bolts, Tried the US 20 with the Topbox and that seems to fit fine. So fingers crossed I'm pretty much ready to go.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Chain adjusted and tyre pressures checked. I will give it a runtomorrow morning and then clean it and lube the chain. Then ready to roll.
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

duke63 wrote:Chain adjusted and tyre pressures checked. I will give it a runtomorrow morning and then clean it and lube the chain. Then ready to roll.
:) Enjoy.!
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Fitted a Monimoto smart alarm/tracker, a Phillips LED headlight and all the associated control boxes to keep the bikes canbus happy and some R&G tank pads.
Also found some cheap pre-insulated connectors under the seat, I have some proper connectors of the oem type so I fitted one of those.

https://imageshack.com/a/img922/4447/XcbP1d.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://imageshack.com/a/img923/3919/D0DsSL.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/8532/blRYgc.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/2242/F99MFE.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://imageshack.com/a/img924/8903/d1wTMT.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm pleasantly surprised that the LED H4 has a perfect beam pattern in the garage, my previous attempt at a LED conversion in the car was so good I ripped them out and gave them to a friend to try in the high beam on his Versys 1000.
Last edited by Stonesie on 03 Jun 2018, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Washed it, polished it, lubed the chain. Put the top box on and the tankbag.

packed everything and i am pretty much ready to go!
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Went out on Friday for a quick spin with my daughter again.

Nothing silly, but a bit faster than our last rideout together on Bike4Life. I'm gradually increasing the speed, I've progressed from Vauxhall Zafira 1.7 diesel levels of acceleration, to, I don't know, maybe a Fiesta ST or something.

Enough to keep her holding on!
C00kiemonster

Post by C00kiemonster »

Packed my pants, Put my luggage and Sat Nav etc on the bike. Ready to go :)