What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by Blade »

Spanked it (rock)

Theres every chance that was last ride of the season depending on the weather and my work rota and if it was it was a Corker to remember (y)

Plenty of blue flashing lights in my peripheral vision and a fantastic chase down some twisty back roads with a Tuono and no quarter given by either (lol) lovely flowing ride with the throttle held on the stops (rock)

Home now and still buzzing (y)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Monty wrote:Stunning morning on the school run today, but sadly not bike related.
IMG_0191.jpeg
Where do your kids go to school? Narnia?
Monty
Your Bike: KTM 690 SMC R

Post by Monty »

duke63 wrote:
Monty wrote:Stunning morning on the school run today, but sadly not bike related.
The attachment IMG_0191.jpeg is no longer available
LOL no, Hollinsclough. It's just around the corner from Glutten Bridge, that place you said looks a bit like a mini Cheddar Gorge. They love it, but I don't think they know how lucky they are.
IMG_0191.jpeg
Monty™© MCMLXXII
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Its a beautiful World sometimes.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Monty wrote:
duke63 wrote:
IMG_0191.jpeg
LOL no, Hollinsclough. It's just around the corner from Glutten Bridge, that place you said looks a bit like a mini Cheddar Gorge. They love it, but I don't think they know how lucky they are.
IMG_0191.jpeg

Rode past there yesterday. Started to try the back lanes on your advice Monty (y)

I came up to Longnor and headed to Monyash where I stopped at the Old Smithy Tea room, for a brew and a good yarn with a nice chap on a Triumph Thunderbird, he was telling me at 1700cc is the biggest parallel twin engine produced.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Popped to the bike shop to get some chain lube and try on a berring jacket again.

Just given her a proper good clean as a couple of weeks of commuting in crap weather really shows.

Just waiting for her to dry before attempting a full coating of ACF50.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

How often do you need to keep reapplying the Acf50 in your experience Nutz?
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Blade wrote:How often do you need to keep reapplying the Acf50 in your experience Nutz?
Dunno, this is the first time I've done it.

Kwackys your man for that question.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Blade - personally I apply approx 3 time as year. Summer, before winter, after winter. Keeps bikes looking new and you use a tiny amount each application. Just be aware allow to settle for min 48 hours. People say you can ride straight away after application of it properly. But I usually wait a week allowing the ACF50 to creep everywhere. Also safe of electricals so I usually give the switches a quick drip inside (be careful of grips though!)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

IMG_0191.jpeg
Beautiful. Much better than what we see everyday. Thousands of houses being built around around area. 3 new main roads across what was fields being built, 30s being posted up everywhere and the M4 turning into a speed restricted road which has been going on for 2 years and going on for a further 3 more years (that's if they hit schedule which they wont). Far to many people living in the area, cars being parked all down the road and on drive ways as of course housing believe only 1 car per household when infact it's more like 2 or 3. When I retire I'll be gone from all this into a nice part of the country like that I think!

Monty

Post by Monty »

Rossgo wrote:
IMG_0191.jpeg
Beautiful. Much better than what we see everyday. Thousands of houses being built around around area. 3 new main roads across what was fields being built, 30s being posted up everywhere and the M4 turning into a speed restricted road which has been going on for 2 years and going on for a further 3 more years (that's if they hit schedule which they wont). Far to many people living in the area, cars being parked all down the road and on drive ways as of course housing believe only 1 car per household when infact it's more like 2 or 3. When I retire I'll be gone from all this into a nice part of the country like that I think!

I live in a terraced townhouse, in a town. Just so happens that the town is right in the middle of a national park that they can't build any houses in. But I know what you mean, I lived inside the M25 for 15 years.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Rode to Marlborough to catch up with Mick, had a little episode on the way, just rolling into the town, a police Van in front and three other bikes (not with me) and a cat tried to cross then ran back, tried again ran back, I get close, runs right out in front of me!!!! Brakes on hard and the back came up, really high...... Oh Crap, came back down, big slap of the foot to steady myself..... now my back hurts..... Bloody cat! I dont know about his 9 lives but I feel one of mine has been affected lol....
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Lucky escape there. Well done for not flipping it
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

Met Frankie at Marlborough, had a nice bacon sarnie and coffee, a quick chat to catch up on everything and then head back, bloody hell that 999 is hard work when you’re in the saddle for a bit. My neck aches, my wrists ache :D :D :D
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Adjusted the chain, clutch and idle on the Versys.

Thought about washing it. Shut the garage door and walked away.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Monty wrote:
Rossgo wrote:
IMG_0191.jpeg

I live in a terraced townhouse, in a town. Just so happens that the town is right in the middle of a national park that they can't build any houses in. But I know what you mean, I lived inside the M25 for 15 years.
Absolutely beautiful Monty must be a total change. This is what I'd love when I'm retired. Not right now though, a little too inconvenient for work life lol!!

D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Kwacky wrote:Adjusted the chain, clutch and idle on the Versys.

Thought about washing it. Shut the garage door and walked away.
It's raining today so will be shitty by the morning anyway. That's my philosophy
Monty

Post by Monty »

Yeah, if you're bored of London, you're bored with life, and not sure I'd want to be here at your age. When I was in my 30s there was no way I was moving, but as soon as you have kids and life starts getting restrictive you start to realise that you're not quite living in the house you wanted and on the edge of the area you wanted to live in. Anything decent down there is in the six figures. We sold a 2 bed flat in Hampton Court above a shop and bought a 4 bed 3 storey Victorian townhouse.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

You were just around the corner from me Monty, I was just down the road opposite the cricket pitch in Kings chase......
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Very nice Monty. It's nice to be able to change. Must of been a slight shock to the system living in that busy area to a landscape that would melt the heart. Bet it was a change you wouldn't want to change!! Your kids I guess had a better life where you live now so a good mindful change.