What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by Cavetroll87 »

problem is I love sportbikes, they look special, they make you feel special, nothing else excites me in quite the same way (and im not even talking about riding one) But for me they just don't really work for me, Im too big and find them so uncomfortable and then I ride like a wazok because im so cramped up and not smooth. But I cant help it I always look at them I want them. I think I just need to accept they don't work for me and move on. Stick with my original plan of something naked but sportsbike derived next year, s1000r/tuono/superduke type
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

I can recommend the superduke (rock)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

I might wait to see what the 790r is like before I commit myself to a second bike.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

CT take a good test ride on some of the main sports bikes. After my test ride of the S1000rr last year there is so much room it may surprise you?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Rossgo wrote:CT take a good test ride on some of the main sports bikes. After my test ride of the S1000rr last year there is so much room it may surprise you?

New Beemer and the new gixxer are the only 2 that don't make me instantly uncomfortable, but I dunno, I wonder if I just gotta accept a sportsbike and me just don't go together
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Cavetroll87 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:CT take a good test ride on some of the main sports bikes. After my test ride of the S1000rr last year there is so much room it may surprise you?

New Beemer and the new gixxer are the only 2 that don't make me instantly uncomfortable, but I dunno, I wonder if I just gotta accept a sportsbike and me just don't go together
I've ridden both and if I was on the right dish with the right security (garage) then id 100% without hesitation I'd buy the new Beemer 1kRR!! But you and me are different sizes and its a tough decision when your heart tells you one thing but your body another! However on the plus side is there are cracking naked bikes out there you mentioned one of them eg the Beemer S1kR, think we all know how happy Frankie is with his

D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Cavetroll87 wrote:

I know where you coming from about leaving sports bikes behind. I tried once before with an xjr1300, let's just say it wasn't a good match.

This time however the SD is just the ticket. It's got the looks (IMO), handling, and performance (to a limit). It won't really do much north of 120mph, but it's on hell of a laugh getting there. I know it's old tech now and there are plenty to beat it.

All I can suggest is wait until you are in the mood for bike shopping and have a proper look. If you fancy a blast on a 990 SD give me a shout and let me know where I can get a bacon butty and I may find an excuse to slide over your way..
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Pretended I was an x-wing fighter, weaving through the traffic, hunting down stray motorbikes that don't know to filter and dispatching them into history.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:Pretended I was an x-wing fighter, weaving through the traffic, hunting down stray motorbikes that don't know to filter and dispatching them into history.
That's a fun game.

I got to play on Sunday going through Lymington, the traffic is always shite through there. Followed a couple of weekend wobblers on their gixxer thous wiv loud cans, innit.. Until it got a bit tight and I just carried on past them (giggle)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
bud
Your Bike: Honda Hornet, Honda CBF250, Yamaha Slider

Post by bud »

Past the MOT. No advisories. Always a good feeling.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

D6Nutz wrote:
Cavetroll87 wrote:

I know where you coming from about leaving sports bikes behind. I tried once before with an xjr1300, let's just say it wasn't a good match.

This time however the SD is just the ticket. It's got the looks (IMO), handling, and performance (to a limit). It won't really do much north of 120mph, but it's on hell of a laugh getting there. I know it's old tech now and there are plenty to beat it.

All I can suggest is wait until you are in the mood for bike shopping and have a proper look. If you fancy a blast on a 990 SD give me a shout and let me know where I can get a bacon butty and I may find an excuse to slide over your way..
Cheers mate will do!
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Booked it in for a 7500 mile service. New plugs will be added as well and new filters, also asked for new coolant but he said if it doesnt need to be done they won't do it which is fair enough. Haven't been out in the bike for what feels like forever but looking forward to getting it done as it hasn't had new oil etc for whole of this year which I usually change it just before summer!

Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

This post should be in "What to you want to moan about" Its MOT Day this morning, Yeah....... first day for a while it rains lol
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Vents closed, dark visor swapped, goretex gloves on.

It looks like business as usual with the weather
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Kwacky wrote:Vents closed, dark visor swapped, goretex gloves on.

Don't worry it's already cleared up here Kwacky, and the weather is looking to consistently improve for the foreseeable....

:) Hth.
Cavetroll87

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Kwacky wrote:Vents closed, dark visor swapped, goretex gloves on.

Yep, clear visor back on, vents closed, textile gear.

What a lovely morning! (rain) (rain) (rain) (rain)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Ah the joys of wet roads and bright sun. I fecking hate it when the roads turn into sun reflectors.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Nothing to the bike but i pulled out all my pads from my HJC lid over the past few days and thoroughly washed them. Smells lovely but will wait until my helmet dounut to come through the post before putting it all back together!

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Bike was washed and waxed. ACF50 and a double dose of chain wax as the bike will be stood still for over a week.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Booked it in for some new tyres to be fitted. Going to try Bridgestone BT 016 PRO. A mate gets these and say they are very good.

Getting it done at a new place I've never been to (new to me) because only heard good things about it and also they are cheap. Place is called Ride In Bike Tyres in Reading