What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by Kwacky »

Looks quiet for the AV8
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Dont forget your not allowed to park that side anymore....
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

It was fairly busy. Just as we turned up there was a Mustang meet. Mist of been around 20 odd mustang's sat there some of the blokes had what looked like their wives with them or what could of been their GFs their wives don't know about!!

It was more of a constant flow. People were coming and going, there always had someone serving and food was coming out constantly.

Very nice 10 out of 10.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Yea we noticed there was a barrier restricting access which is a shame. But it was quiet nice as there were a couple of kids playing in that square so at least they were given the space for it

Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Today cleaning our apartment and doing the washing. 1 load already been put on. Take the doggy out for a few walkies, fill the car up with fuel, do a bit of a shop in prepartation for my misses brother to stay over here whilst we go away to Wales for the week in a caravan with our dog. Haven't had a holiday for a little while due to the wedding wiping us out but for £100 we had to get away now. So tomorrow we leave for Wales

Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Sounds great Rossgo (y)

There are some lovely places in Wales. Where are you going too?
D41
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Post by D41 »

Take her to Anglesey Circuit, Ross. (raaar)
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Washed one and sorn'd the other.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Careful with Sorn Duke. Some road bike policies are void, including theft if the bike is sorn. Worth checking with your insurer to be safe.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Took the GS out for a blast and met up with kwacky and Frankie.

Great afternoons riding in glorious summer weather. Turns out the GS isn't too bad at blasting round the country lanes, even got my boot down at one point.

Good to catch up guys, and cheers for some really enjoyable roads Frankie. Few new ones for me today.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Blade wrote:Careful with Sorn Duke. Some road bike policies are void, including theft if the bike is sorn. Worth checking with your insurer to be safe.
It doesn't have an MOT at the moment either and i don't have the enthusiasm to get it sorted right now. I will check with the insurance company tomorrow.
Blade

Post by Blade »

duke63 wrote:
Blade wrote:Careful with Sorn Duke. Some road bike policies are void, including theft if the bike is sorn. Worth checking with your insurer to be safe.
It doesn't have an MOT at the moment either and i don't have the enthusiasm to get it sorted right now. I will check with the insurance company tomorrow.
Better safe than sorry with the impeding civil unrest, looting and riots scheduled for just after Halloween (giggle)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

You looked at home on that GS today Jon.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Kwacky wrote:You looked at home on that GS today Jon.
To be fair, it's a very easy bike to ride and I have done a little over 800 miles in two weeks on it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Ride out today with Frankie. I've not spent much time on the MV and my biking confidence is pretty low after crashing the CBR600rr. To be honest, I didn't want to go out this morning. I had a shit nights sleep and my biking mojo is in a French gutter.

I set off and wasn't really feeling it, but Frankie had been kind enough to drag me out for the day and he's half decent company ;) so I don't mind meeting him. Mid journey I clocked I needed fuel, so stopped off and filled up. The second half of the journey was much better, with the MV singing beneath me and the roads quickly falling behind me.

One at Lucy's it was the usual food, coffee and piss taking.

We set off, then came back on ourselves. Frankie was on auto pilot. There was a lot of traffic out today and far too many idiots. I had two vehicles pull out on me on the way to Stow. That theme continued for the rest of the day.

Another pit stop and arrangements were made to meet up with D6Nutz.

A quick blast on some back roads before arriving at an old stop I've not used for years. The ride after that was everything I wanted to avoid. Country roads covered in gravel were bringing back flashbacks of my crash. If that wasn't enough, the thumb I injured was really starting to hurt. It's bruised again at the bone.

The MV is a road legal race bike. It's a thoroughbred and broken tarmac roads strewn with debris is not a comfortable place to be. The bike was bucking and fighting. Every bump was highlighted through the stiff chassis and race quality suspension. Each time I tried to turn in the front was finding new tracks to follow rather than the route I intended. I was hating every minute of it, fighting the bike, the pain from my hand and the voice in my head screaming " just pull over and stop". It didn't help seeing D6Nutz riding so comfortably on the GS ahead. The Africa Twin would have been more at home on this road.

Another tea and cake stop and a debrief. As we discussed, I spent too long on adventure bikes. I've not owned a full on sportsbike for a few years. Time in the saddle is king.

On top of that the suspension needs to be set up and I could do with a steering damper as she waggled a couple of times today.

Anyway, I said my goodbyes and headed home. I had a couple of options so I took the A roads I know. Once again the MV showed her engaging side, dancing over the road and gulping down the bends.

So a mixed day for me riding wise, but any day out on the bike with mates is a good day in my book.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Ah mate, I was really hoping to help you get someway in getting the mojo back, Yeah sorry about that road, I should have stuck to my first plan, twice I second guessed myself on the routes this afternoon :( , never good to do, as it throws it all out of kilter. Always hard to judge what others are feeling comfortable with.... I was keen to not having a boring ride, but not to full on given the situation of getting back into the swing of it.

I did not know thats how you felt this morning, ha ha I almost did not make it myself, health and all that, but I am glad I did make it out.
Its nice to get out for sure and meet up, as always. The roads were busy for sure, and quiet a few knobheads. I am proud of myself today that it was water off a ducks back in the main, rather than rising to it.... I have to say though, what is it with people in cars who think slamming on their brakes when bikes come up behind them ??? I am more than capable to overtake when i want to, (when it is clear to do so) beggers believe where some people think you can overtake them!! You dont have to slow down to a crawl for me to get by....... MUPPET!

I really think the roads have got bumpier lately, i know I have soften up my suspension, but some roads today we worse than they use to be for sure, or my arse is just getting more sensitive !!!
As for that bumpy gravel strewn road, if it was not for the white van crawling on that one, i think I might have come a cropper, even at that speed, down hill bending to the left, I hit the gravel and basically clenched my thighs onto the tank and hoped for the best... any quicker i think it could have been messy :S

Anyway good to catch up guys,,,, we are all home chill'n now, it was sunny, dry, and not bad scenery out and about, so a good day in my book 2 :)
duke63

Post by duke63 »

I don't get where this thing of drivers braking when a bike comes up behind them. Where did it come from and why? Stupidity at its best.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

duke63 wrote:I don't get where this thing of drivers braking when a bike comes up behind them. Where did it come from and why? Stupidity at its best.
What me saying it? or you have experienced it as well.... If so thank fudge its not just me :D
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Today Miles well over 200... just in case you are interested, here is a brief route synopsis
First port of call to meet up Stow on the wold - which is about an hour and a half travel time. (on a good day) to get to.
Then down to the AV8 Cafe @ Kemble.
Back around to the otherside of the airport, to head south towards, Malmesbury, however I made an error here and turned off too soon and headed towards Wotton Bassett earlier than I should have done. Only been down this road once before so messed up a little. If I had gone the way I wanted it would have been further south before heading east towards Avebury, instead we ended up from WB to Marlborough. Great timing here, we gave Nuts the heads up when we left the AV8, I could see him in front of us down the high street when we got into Marlborough :)
From there down to Hungerford, hang left and head north to Wantage, (stop for a chill in the sun) then I should of headed north to Chipping Norton then onto Morton on the Marsh. But we ended up another way, before heading into Farringdon (more roads being scrapped up!) then Burford, stopping in a kind way to let people cross ;) then onto Chipping Norton for a quick T & Cake, and that was it then.
Then obviously home. Phew!
duke63

Post by duke63 »

Frankie wrote:
duke63 wrote:I don't get where this thing of drivers braking when a bike comes up behind them. Where did it come from and why? Stupidity at its best.
What me saying it? or you have experienced it as well.... If so thank fudge its not just me :D

I experience it as well. More and more. It's dangerous aside from not serving any purpose at all.