What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by Cav »

D41 wrote:
Cav wrote:I got the fairings back on and gave it a thorough decontamination wash.

I did take it down the street too, making sure all the gears engage correctly and holy cow I forgot how flipping quick bikes are!

Not long until Cadwell Park!!
PSX_20200515_195749.jpg

That's a great shot. It's like "Alternate Earth" or something.
Cheers. Its one of the only pictures I've used a preset on and I kinda liked it. It looks cartoony in colour to me.. even though I desaturated the other images slightly
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Moved the bikes around. Topped up the Honda battery. Polished the Versys
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

Stonesie wrote:I looked at the Ultimate Addons universal XL phone case and the bikes sat-nav holder, the case is a beast and blocks 90% of the dash, also prevents full lock in both directions... Might need to re-think that one, and I still have to take the phone out of it's thin case to get it in there. The OnePlus 7 Pro is a big unit.
They are pretty big cases aren't they? I have to have mine set in a specific place and orientation, otherwise I get the same problems. . I guess it's the price I have to pay if I want to know where I'm going!
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Fitted new progrips. They don't last long I would guess the last set did maybe 1500 miles but they transform the bike for 15 quid.

No longer am I clinging onto, two rock hard scaffold poles piloting an exocet missle, but something slightly more comfy (giggle)

All joking aside they make a big difference for little outlay.
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Stonesie wrote:I looked at the Ultimate Addons universal XL phone case and the bikes sat-nav holder, the case is a beast and blocks 90% of the dash, also prevents full lock in both directions... Might need to re-think that one, and I still have to take the phone out of it's thin case to get it in there. The OnePlus 7 Pro is a big unit.

I've bought one and they are large but more frustratingly you can't press anything with your gloves on? That's a bit shit. Works with gloves off and is super waterproof but weird gloves don't work imo.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

C00kiemonster wrote:

I've bought one and they are large but more frustratingly you can't press anything with your gloves on? That's a bit shit. Works with gloves off and is super waterproof but weird gloves don't work imo.
You know what? It's been that long since I used mine I'd forgotten that was the case.

Yes, it's annoying!
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Fitted the Akro end can back on for the time being, no point in generating unnecessary attention.
Cav

Post by Cav »

What was on it before?

Did you clean it before putting it back on? Asking for a friend.
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

small little loud pipes,i am sure i posted a picture on here at some point...
And no....
Blade

Post by Blade »

Made some adjustments after the last ride and plan to take for a test ride and further tinkering later.
Cav

Post by Cav »

I nearly knocked mine over this morning. Went to grab a box from the workshop, forgot I'd re positioned the bike and smacked straight into it!
Blade

Post by Blade »

Well I nearly got knocked of mine today (swear) again (deadhorse)

Driving standards are shockingly bad for so many it does seriously concern me. If your not paranoid and driving defensively on country roads these days you would die on almost every journey you make.

Todays first class prat. 50 mph limit, rural road and overtaking on double, solid white lines on a blind bend. Overtaking speed was approx 20 mph with a delta of approx 5 mph for the cyclist they decided to over take. They were massively exposing everyone's time to danger, by being half way across my lane, in a head on position on a blind bend, for a prolonged period of time in a totally illegal manoeuvre. Luckily I ride paranoid of such events and was travelling at an appropriate speed and position within my lane to avoid catastrophy. If I hadn't I m pretty sure me and cyclist were dead.

If I had been in the car there would have been no where for me to go, so guaranteed outcome cyclist dead and me probably OK but a written off car.

The person was middle aged and as is so typically the case, mindlessly obvious to the hazard and potential near fatal RTA that was so narrowly avoided through a combination of luck and paranoia by other road users.

All the ride home I really regretted not turning round and go after them to pull them over. Not to intimated them or have a go, but to factually explain how their totally reckless actions are so potentially fatally, dangerous to innocent members of the public.

Really p1sses me off, as its every time I ride in a rural environment, some cock womble, seriously endangers me and others.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

It really pisses me off when people ignore double white lines. They are there for a reason.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Ironically they weren't some young tear arse racing or in a hurry making rushed over takes.

They were driving like Miss Daisy but in a totally illegal and dam right dangerous manner. As I said these people are totally oblivious of the danger they cause.

At minimum they should have been done for crossing double solid whites and driving with undue care attention. If it had been a collision and multiple fatalities (me and the cyclist) i have no doubt a dangerous driving and custodial sentence would be more appropriate..

Absolute c;nts (raaar) did I mention that.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

its shocking how these idiots have a licence still,tbh with the amount of cycling I do I am very picky now on what roads I will cycle and ride my motorbike
B roads mainly for me nowadays and not when the idiots are out
Frankie

Post by Frankie »

I rode down to Windsor, then to Runnymede, along the Thames, then up to Ascot, then around some country lanes I have never been down, just fancied a look. Then on up to Marlow, Henley, Stoner Park.
Waved at a motorcycle cop who have pulled someone over, he waved back as if he knew me lol.... back to the petrol station where I filled up when I went out. just to have a nice full tank for the next tour.

Its is amazing how much fuel I did not use, as it was not ragged, I was just a chill'n.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

I went up to the lake district with my neighbour yesterday, I wanted to go through the pennines over towards manchester, down to chatsworth house near Buxton and back again sticking to minor roads all the way, I had checked the forecast, he won and we hit rain on the A66, and stayed in rain all through the lakes, Kirkby lonsdale and down the A65 where we started to see dry tarmac again at Skipton...
I was sure that my waterproof gloves were in the top box... Nope, on the garage workbench where I had left them to make sure that I didn't forget (facepalm) (facepalm) (facepalm)

And the heated grips got all crazy, the left grip was heating up and cooling down then stopped working all together and the right started acting up, new control box ordered.

We kept to social distancing when we stopped for dinner or fuel using pay at the pump, my flask leaked and my bike seems to funnel water to the seam between goretex jacket and trousers, we were even watched having dinner in Windermere by the local Police, they were happy enough to just observe and not come over for a chat.
Despite all that, I had a great day and it helped me to gain more confidence in the bike and it's Avon tyres, my friends bike is on Road 5's and I had no trouble keeping up.

Derwentwater Keswick

Now to wash the thing 8)
Last edited by Stonesie on 19 May 2020, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

booked it into Dave Wood racing for a custom remap
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

when for?
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Kwacky wrote:when for?
Thursday 4th June its the only day I can get off