What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by kingfixer »

Having owned 2 of these beauties im insanely jealous (envy) Honestly the best bike I have ever owned by far, if I had any money I would have one in a heartbeat...just for Sunday runs :D :D The new RF is amazing (inlove) (inlove) . I love the matt black finish, very stealth...ENJOY !!!!!!
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kingfixer

Post by kingfixer »

By the way you HAVE to get an AR can for it ]:) ]:)
edd1e
Your Bike: Aprilia RSV4 Factory

Post by edd1e »

Cheers guys, i'm amazed by it to be honest. I came from a 2012 BMW S1000RR which is a fantastic bike, if not a better overall bike. It does everything well... good power, good fuel economy, comfy etc etc. But i just wanted something that felt like it had a soul or at least more character. I only ride on weekends (sunny ones at that!) so wanted an occasion every time i went out, something that would make me feel alive and smile.

The sound from even the stock exhaust is amazing, I have no idea how they got it through all the road tests.

I've just run it in already around Wales and it had it's first service today (I got it last week really) and it really is amazing, easily the best bike I have ridden. Every time i touch the throttle i grin like a nutter.

The thing DRINKS fuel though, luckily mine has the increased size fuel tank, as even sticking to 6,000rpm max for run in i was using 2-3 litres more fuel on every stop than a Fireblade that was using all it's revs. haha :D

I would love an AR exhaust but i need to be able to get onto trakdays / 'ring. There was an RSV4 at the 'ring last year with an AR GP2R and he was not allowed on due to the noise. I might settle for the Akrapovic and get it cut down a little for the factory look.

I may not be able to make Wales again next weekend, but if i will let you know either way Ross. It may be a last minute decision.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

The akrapovic cans do look good and sound awesome too.

Hope you can make Wales, will be great yo see the bike in the flesh.
kingfixer

Post by kingfixer »

There are a few AR cans that will pass noise tests, Ring Rich and have a chat. I saw quite a few RSV4's at Snett with AR cans they all passed. Im sure the GP1 can with the extra baffle passes .
Both my V4's had AR cans they sound mental 8)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Is this bike new ed (first service)? Wales is a great place to get fully acquainted!!
I can fully understand not being able to get to Wales again mate it's a shame but fully understandable lol!
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Very green i looked long an hard at the rsv4 they sound great and look sexual
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

D6 wrote:Hahhaha, yeah that's me. I dunno how it happens. I just touch things and they turn dirty.

The mechanic cleaned my bike though, and did a bloody good job, Took it to staffs Triumph. He cleaned far better than I ever do.

Feels a new bike. Handles and stops much better and seems smoother. I bet the tyres are at correct pressure!!!

Nice new chain too. Wonder if I can get another 16,000 miles out of ti without ever cleaning or lubing it. lol.
Regardless of how slack I feel about my bike maintenance you always make me feel better :)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

That's a bike too drool over indeed Eddie, awesome mate, smiles all round no doubt!!
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Ordered another chain, lock and ground anchor set.

I'm really paranoid now I've got two bikes again. Better to spend a dollop of cash now on security than paying for increased premiums following a theft.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Totally agree Kwacky keep your bikes safe buy anything that will keep them with you!
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

treated the race seat unit to a bit of fibreglass repair, but there seemed to be more on me hands!
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Rossgo wrote:Totally agree Kwacky keep your bikes safe buy anything that will keep them with you!
(f1) a few quid on a ground anchor and chain is well worth it if is saves the pain of loosing a bike.....

I took the RSV into work yesterday as I really didn't fancy starting the day sat in the monday traffic.. Damn glad I did as the traffic was sh*t and I just rode past it all 8) made even better by the fact the sun was shining...

Back in the car today and really wished I'd taken the bike. Also phoned up to see if there where any spaces left for Mallory and it's fully booked. ;(
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

Any money spent on security is money well spent. I've just bought a second independent alarm for the garage.

Which ground anchor and chain set did you go for Kwacky ?
Zx10dale
Your Bike: 2008 R1

Post by Zx10dale »

Lovely bike there Edd1e, I had a long think about the RSV4 for this year but I just wondered if I would have any more fun on it than the R1 for more than double the price ?? I still envy you
Blade

Post by Blade »

Zx10dale wrote:Lovely bike there Edd1e, I had a long think about the RSV4 for this year but I just wondered if I would have any more fun on it than the R1 for more than double the price ?? I still envy you Image
You will have quadruple fun on the RSV Dale (happy)

I know you love your R1 but believe me the big prilla is a mind blowingly awesome bike, it makes my zx10r seem dull and ordinary and its far from that apart from in the company of the RSV.

Test rides in the rsv4 should come with a Wealth Warning (giggle) "Test rides will lead to severe crippling of ones finances and an addiction to riding which far exceeds crack cocaine use " ;)
Zx10dale
Your Bike: 2008 R1

Post by Zx10dale »

Blade you could well be right there, never having ridden one I guess I can't draw the conclusion I did
Blade

Post by Blade »

Seriously mate do not get a test ride when in possession of your credit card (giggle)

The handling and noise are truly in a class of there own. Especially the steering which is virtually telepathic (y)
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Filled up with petrol and the garage was doing jetwash for £2 so give the bike a wash down. I know it doesn't get it very clean but it takes the top layer of grime off.

I noticed when I washed it that I've started to mark the swingarm with the chain and padlock. I need to have a think about that as the chain is very heavy and the end links are exposed, so I could so with covering them. Maybe an old sock or something like that?
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Using see why a sock wouldn't work Kwacky. At the end of the days its not a fashion statement it's purely a security feature so if it helps to keep your bike in tip top condition then do it I guess