What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by Blade »

I'm OK thanks everyone.

It was very low speed crash just outside the house but as only wearing work pants and T-shirt I have some gravel rash and a swollen knee but completely fine thanks everyone.

I was doing a brake test as was having trouble bleeding the brakes after changing the mc and brake lines and locked the front on a wet road with a cold tyre so pretty stupid mistake.

Problem was I had not slept much as struggled when in new York as bed was screwing my back up and had jet lag too. Mix that with having to remove a lot of bling in a very short space of time as the deal had to be done today, I was extremely fatigued, the clock was ticking and I was under pressure, rushing and tied which with hindsight is a good mix for stupid mistakes.

I m pissed off as only rushing as dealer insisted deal had to be done today as he wanted to make his monthly target and tbh the deal we had struck I think there was little if any money in the actual sale.

The damage is light and cosmetic only. I basically need an exhaust cover, crash bung, bar end weight and brake lever and bike is as good as before. Probably £100 on eBay will sort to as good as new. I took the bike to the dealers anyway as thought we could adjust the valuation or I was willing to swap all the damaged items for what was on the new bike. Long story short the dealer wasn't interested which is fair enough I guess its not the original deal we had discussed and as said before there was little money in it for him and maybe he was having second thoughts on the deal as he kept saying how good it wads. Tbh he was that picky when I got there I thing perhaps his intention was always to haggle for money off but the damage was obviously off putting

End result is I will chalk it up as a silly mistake and learn from it. I will get the bike back to tip top condition and look for another deal as like buses there's always another along soon enough.

Thanks again for the well wishes.

PS bonus is boss rang this evening and asked me to do a couple of extra shifts to help him out so at least some extra pocket money coming in to help sweeten the blow a little.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

Never good to read about a bike and biker down but it sounds as if it's light damage.

There are loads of deals about and I reckon they'll get better over the next few weeks. Something will crop up
Blade

Post by Blade »

Yeah sure your right Kwacky. Only problem is a part from having Xmas off I'm pretty much busy until mid January so won't realistically be looking till then by which time things will be picking up again and bike will be another calendar year older so not ideal but that's the situation so not going to get upset about it.

PS I wore me crash damaged leathers stupidly so the dealer probably got spooked I was a serial crasher or something haha.
Blade

Post by Blade »

I forgot to mention even though the dealer was banging on about how good his bike was it wasn't. I only briefly looked at it as the deal was already of by then but noticed a broken fairing bracket and a panel incorrectly fitted which may have been due to damage but didn't look any harder as just wanted to get home before dark by then. He also claimed as it was a 20th anniversary Blade it was very special and worth more money and very desirable which is horse shit as part from A 20 th anniversary sticker its bog standard Blade.

Maybe it just wasn't meant to be.
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Oh Blade!! Sorry to hear dude, but glad it wasn't too serious.

I know all to well about dealing with f**k ups from rushing and late nights, so I can imagine how you feel.

Chin up, you'll be on a new bike before you know it :)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheers kiwikrasher. I'm not that bothered tbh and I'm sure something else will turn up as you say.

Its only metal and plastic at the end of the day. I'm in one piece and sat with my family tonight so I'm happy enough and could have been a lot worse.

Maybe I should look for a bike with abs (facepalm)
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Not meant to be as you say. Sad, but I'm sure there will be others that are better :)
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

As long as your ok that's the main thing. Anyway gives me a chance to sell the aprilia and buy it off you :-)
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheers lads.

I'll get it fixed up nice for you Rocket (giggle)
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

Crap news mate, hope you're well?
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
Blade

Post by Blade »

Yeah I'm good cheers Mac, thanks for asking.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Sorry to hear this Blade but glad it's only light damage and very glad your ok that is the main thing
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Blade wrote:Cheers kiwikrasher. I'm not that bothered tbh and I'm sure something else will turn up as you say.

Its only metal and plastic at the end of the day. I'm in one piece and sat with my family tonight so I'm happy enough and could have been a lot worse.

Maybe I should look for a bike with abs (facepalm)
Nah! ABS is boring! Imagine all the life experience you would have missed out on! (giggle)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Main thing is your ok,low side spills can hurt
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Sorry to hear this Blade but glad your ok bud
I get knocked down but i get up again.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Jeez, only just seen your post Blade.

Glad your OK mate, also good to hear the damage to the bike is minimal. I always get a bit nervous whenever someone is really trying to rush a sale through. If you noticed some damage on the bike then maybe there was another reason he was trying to push it out the door quickly.

I'm sure the right bike will appear soon.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Blade

Post by Blade »

Cheers everyone appreciate the well wishes and comments.

Feel a bit battered and bruised this morning but milky the attention of the wife and kids, haha.

Got most of the bits already for £50 of a top chap on 1000rr.co.UK and hope to pick up a crash bung at the NEC today and then its job done.
Mac
Your Bike: '04 Triumph Daytona

Post by Mac »

Blade wrote: Its only metal and plastic at the end of the day. I'm in one piece and sat with my family tonight so I'm happy enough and could have been a lot worse.
Impressive and thoughtful attitude to take, mate. I'd admit that I would struggle to do the same, excellent reflection on your character (y)
"When in doubt use full throttle. It may not improve the situation but it will end the suspense ".
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Took the day off to recoup after the stag weekend in Spain..... Took the S1R for a little spin this afternoon, bloody cold but a great deal of fun.
Blade

Post by Blade »

Mac wrote:
Blade wrote: Its only metal and plastic at the end of the day. I'm in one piece and sat with my family tonight so I'm happy enough and could have been a lot worse.
Impressive and thoughtful attitude to take, mate. I'd admit that I would struggle to do the same, excellent reflection on your character (y)
Cheers Mac, I'm going to print and frame that, I don't think anyone has ever spoke so highly of me (facepalm) well maybe me mam once (giggle)

Seriously cheers mate generous and kind words (y)