What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by D6Nutz »

That's really good mileage, especially taking into account the amount of commuting you do, and was it 3 track days ???

Out of interest, how is it feeling now it's down on tread ??
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Tricky
Your Bike:

Post by Tricky »

rode round and round and round donington race track, passed some riders, got passed by some riders, all in the name of good fun. met up with kwacky, spud, snappy jack and Si. an excellent weekend. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Good mileage Kwacky. Perhaps very obvious but one thing I have noticed recently is its the type of riding which has a big effect on tyre wear.

Riding for pleasure purely in the twisities I got 2800 out of a set of Rosso corsa tyres and they were completely shot not a mile left in them. Coincidentally I did exactly the same mileage on the trip to Italy and there is 3mm on the rear which as its only 4.5mm brand new its not even half worn. We did some hard riding in the twisities but there were some through towns and motorways so huge difference in wear rate dependent on riding style.
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Post by Kwacky »

You calling me a poof? (devil)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Tricky, good to see you too.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Not today - Yesterday.

Had a row!!! bloody driver waits until I am behind him, then proceeds to wash his windscreen. And in typical fashion the water heads over the car and all over me, did not matter how far I pulled back I was soaked. Worse of all the visor was all sticky and difficult to see out of. I think he must have emptied the lot, it did not stop!!!!!

Passed him, he then starts to blown his horn at me, I get the hump and tell him he is a W*&@# r, he starts gesturing back.. I stop at the next opportunity, as does he. Argument begins... Great thing about the helmet and ear plugs I cant hear a thing!!! I tell him he is a inconsiderate, selfish, stupid fecking w........r, I know I really should have just carried on and forget about it. But he was about the 4th person to do something stupid which caused me to have to react to avoid some kind of accident, I lost it (blush) :@

Went home - really did not enjoy the ride after that... plus I think it was time to do something else.
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

It was probably his wife and daughter you wheelied past on Saturday Frankie. ;)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

M6 again was a standstill for no reason. Shame I was on my bike :D
Bratty
Your Bike: Honda CB1000r

Post by Bratty »

Traffic was a nightmare this morning I couldn't commute in a car again I'd be sitting there for over an hour for a 5 mile journey, 10 Munson the scoot
I get knocked down but i get up again.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Stonesie wrote:I and a pair of tyres... I have settled on Metzeler but still wondering if the Z8 is worth a try for a bit of winter riding or will the M7RR handle that... Either will be better than Rosso Corsa's on cold/damp roads (deadhorse)
You're right, most tyres will be better. If you're doing mostly commuting then probably the Z8 is what you need, that said, the M7rr have done me proud. I don't know what your milage is like or when you're likely to change tyres again, but I reckon the M7rr would do a good job in winter and still have enough about them to make sure you've got enough grip for fun when it starts to warm again.

Have a look at the prices of the two. If the Z8s are cheaper and you're after big miles from your tyres then go for those.

http://www.metzeler.com/site/com/produc ... -M7RR.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.metzeler.com/site/com/produc ... eract.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

Just booked it in for the 6K service and pair of tyres, I had a think and with the extra mileage I want to do next year I went for the cheaper Z8, it's hard to find any bad reviews on those and they will be more than grippy enough for my riding even if i get to the Isle of man :)

£230 fitted and balanced with the service didn't seem out of the way and I get my choice of the demo bikes for the day (y)
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Good price and you'll get your money out of them.
Spudda
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650 aka 'Doris'

Post by Spudda »

Frankie wrote: Argument begins... Great thing about the helmet and ear plugs I cant hear a thing!!!
Did you get the gist of what had pissed him off ??
It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©
StMarks
Your Bike: Daytona 675 graphite

Post by StMarks »

Spudda wrote:....Did you get the gist of what had pissed him off ??
Probably just the fact that Fkkr1s was out to enjoy himself on his bike, whilst "Mr Ignorant Twunt" was strapped into his cage.
-See's a bike behind, so the small minded oik does his best to inflict some of his frustration.....

Plenty of bitter little people out there, who seem to derive their delights from spoiling other people's lives where they can.
Fwiw I try not to give them the satisfaction of rising to them, tempting though it may seem. It only infects you with their bile, and in doing so spoils your own mood.
Pity them, treat them with the contempt they deserve, and (if at all possible) demonstrate to them just how pathetic you view them & their attitudes. ;)
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

How right you are StM, I should have just blasted past and carried on with it.. but for various reasons the red mist came down and I wanted to tell him what I thought. Hence why I stopped..

Count to 10 Frankie I hear myself telling myself lol..... oh well... I just hate it when you follow a car for the time I did, that they then choose to drench you in water and smelly cleaning fluid. And before anyone says I must have been riding like a twat to pee him off, is wrong, was was well spaced out, we were on double solid lines (mainly) in traffic, I was happy to bide my time until it was clear. However after the incident I became an arse on the bike... hence why after the argument I went home, parked the bike up and left it there.
Spudda
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650 aka 'Doris'

Post by Spudda »

Frankie wrote:was well spaced out, we were on double solid lines .
snorting lines of coke .... no wonder he was pissed at you ;)

I hate it when they think theyre doing you a favour by pulling over to allow you past but its solid whites and theyre hitting the kerb or spraying you with kerbside debris .... thank you - I'll go in my own time (y)
It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I tend to drop right back when they do that to make he clear I'm not ready to pass.
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Kwacky wrote:You calling me a poof? (devil)
No I would never do that mate. It was just a general observation and in no way directed at you, you big fanny ;) (lol)
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

Look at the positive side Frankie, if you develop Legionnaires Disease from his scabby washer bottle contents you could sue him for personal damages. ;)

http://www.colesandblackwell.co.uk/driv ... es-disease" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Blade wrote:
Kwacky wrote:You calling me a poof? (devil)
No I would never do that mate. It was just a general observation and in no way directed at you, you big fanny ;) (lol)

LET TAKE THIS OUTSIDE

where the cake is :)

I was chatting with Mike about tyre wear. He and his mate had the same bikes and the same tyres (Rosso). He got 3.500 from his rear, his mate got 1,800. He rightly points out there are so many variables when it comes to tyres that mileage isn't a good indicator.

He also reckons the Pirelli Angel ST are the best all round tyre going. He loads on a money back offer and no one brought them back.