What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Rossgo » 07 Jun 2018, 11:35

Cavetroll87 wrote:Ive had that a couple of times before, funnily enough its always been women with me to, it really really seems to piss them off filtering.

I on the other hand had MOT done this morning, a nice clean bill of health
Hmmmm...maybe us blokes just infuriate women...i feel theres a line between them doing school runs while they feel like we are just on a jolly on the bike?!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Rossgo
 
Posts: 7394
Joined: 14 Mar 2014, 02:01
Location: Berkshire
Has thanked: 3086 times
Been thanked: 811 times
Your Bike: ZX6R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Cavetroll87 » 07 Jun 2018, 11:44

I think like a lot of drivers they don't realise filtering is legal and seem more willing to try and 'educate' us 'ignorant' 'rude' bikers that push in the traffic
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
User avatar
Cavetroll87
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:40
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 463 times
Been thanked: 417 times
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Monty » 07 Jun 2018, 14:31

It's definitely seems to be more of a female thing, maybe it's common sense related?

I remember being in the passenger seat at some road works when Sarah was driving. A bike came up to the front and tucked in in front of our car. She got really annoyed and said who said he could push in.

The fact that by the time she'd taken the hand brake off (who does that?) and got it in to first, he was 500 yards up the road was totally lost on her.
Monty™© MCMLXXII
User avatar
Monty
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 07:59
Location: Buxton
Has thanked: 1162 times
Been thanked: 1167 times
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Cavetroll87 » 07 Jun 2018, 14:32

Monty wrote:It's definitely seems to be more of a female thing, maybe it's common sense related?

I remember being in the passenger seat at some road works when Sarah was driving. A bike came up to the front and tucked in in front of our car. She got really annoyed and said who said he could push in.

The fact that by the time she'd taken the hand brake off (who does that?) and got it in to first, he was 500 yards up the road was totally lost on her.


It is definitely that pushing in mentality isn't it? and as you say it doesn't seem to cross peoples minds that by time you have gone you are never in their way at all
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
User avatar
Cavetroll87
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:40
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 463 times
Been thanked: 417 times
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Rossgo » 07 Jun 2018, 15:17

Its very strange isnt it. If we stayed behind cars we then would just be taking up more bloody room, hoe can they want that?!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Rossgo
 
Posts: 7394
Joined: 14 Mar 2014, 02:01
Location: Berkshire
Has thanked: 3086 times
Been thanked: 811 times
Your Bike: ZX6R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby D41 » 07 Jun 2018, 15:46

Yep....lane-splitting improves traffic flow rather than impedes it.

AND...it definitely does seem to be something women have an issue with more than men. I'm sure it probably has something to do with the fact that not many lasses ride bikes.
That, and the fact that they should just STFU and get back in the kitchen and MAKE. MY. DINNER!!!!!#!! NOW!
User avatar
D41
 
Posts: 6031
Joined: 22 Sep 2014, 11:36
Has thanked: 1879 times
Been thanked: 502 times
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650.

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Kwacky » 07 Jun 2018, 16:34

Rode an amazing road on the side of a mountain forest then found ourselves in rain so heavy we had to leave the road and hide in a picnic shed.
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 25174
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1825 times
Been thanked: 4147 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Cavetroll87 » 07 Jun 2018, 16:38

Kwacky wrote:Rode an amazing road on the side of a mountain forest then found ourselves in rain so heavy we had to leave the road and hide in a picnic shed.


The first part sounds fun....The second part not so much....
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
User avatar
Cavetroll87
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:40
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 463 times
Been thanked: 417 times
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Deegee » 07 Jun 2018, 17:49

Kwacky wrote:Rode an amazing road on the side of a mountain forest then found ourselves in rain so heavy we had to leave the road and hide in a picnic shed.


Whose idea was the shed, and was gaffer tape involved? (bandit)
User avatar
Deegee
 
Posts: 3376
Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 11:20
Location: Côte d'Essex
Has thanked: 709 times
Been thanked: 691 times
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby duke63 » 07 Jun 2018, 18:10

For picnic shed read French dogging site.
User avatar
duke63
 
Posts: 8237
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:34
Location: Staffordshire
Has thanked: 1841 times
Been thanked: 2077 times
Your Bike: Ducati 748 and Multistrada 1200

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Cavetroll87 » 08 Jun 2018, 11:13

started tarting it up a bit, replacing some of the bits that winter was less kind too. Eyeing up some carbon fibre bits but might have to wait until I'm less poor, also not sure I want to throw that much money at it If I might chop it in next year, I'm really in 2 minds about throwing money at it to get it how I want or using that money towards something different
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
User avatar
Cavetroll87
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:40
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 463 times
Been thanked: 417 times
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Rossgo » 08 Jun 2018, 14:46

Cavetroll87 wrote:started tarting it up a bit, replacing some of the bits that winter was less kind too. Eyeing up some carbon fibre bits but might have to wait until I'm less poor, also not sure I want to throw that much money at it If I might chop it in next year, I'm really in 2 minds about throwing money at it to get it how I want or using that money towards something different
I noticed how you didnt ask the question (should i throw money at it?!!) People here will have all the extras and add ons listed up before you know it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Rossgo
 
Posts: 7394
Joined: 14 Mar 2014, 02:01
Location: Berkshire
Has thanked: 3086 times
Been thanked: 811 times
Your Bike: ZX6R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Kwacky » 08 Jun 2018, 17:16

What a fantastic day. Mountain roads, fast A roads, sweeping B roads, sun shining, cake ate.
User avatar
Kwacky
 
Posts: 25174
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:52
Location: Brum
Has thanked: 1825 times
Been thanked: 4147 times
Your Bike: Versys 650 GT

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby D6Nutz » 08 Jun 2018, 17:42

Kwacky wrote:What a fantastic day. Mountain roads, fast A roads, sweeping B roads, sun shining, cake ate.
Nice, that makes up for a bit of rain..
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
User avatar
D6Nutz
 
Posts: 3915
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 21:26
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 915 times
Your Bike: KTM 990 Superduke

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Monty » 08 Jun 2018, 18:07

Happy days, enjoy
Monty™© MCMLXXII
User avatar
Monty
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: 12 Mar 2014, 07:59
Location: Buxton
Has thanked: 1162 times
Been thanked: 1167 times
Your Bike: 2010 ZX6R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Rossgo » 08 Jun 2018, 18:34

Sounds great Kwacky

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Rossgo
 
Posts: 7394
Joined: 14 Mar 2014, 02:01
Location: Berkshire
Has thanked: 3086 times
Been thanked: 811 times
Your Bike: ZX6R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Cavetroll87 » 08 Jun 2018, 20:43

Rossgo wrote:
Cavetroll87 wrote:started tarting it up a bit, replacing some of the bits that winter was less kind too. Eyeing up some carbon fibre bits but might have to wait until I'm less poor, also not sure I want to throw that much money at it If I might chop it in next year, I'm really in 2 minds about throwing money at it to get it how I want or using that money towards something different
I noticed how you didnt ask the question (should i throw money at it?!!) People here will have all the extras and add ons listed up before you know it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


Yeah, I dunno as the things I want to do aren't cheap mods really, replace the fork Internals and shock, few carbon bits, flash the ecu, brake lines, loads and I could turn it into a really really awesome bike but I dunno if it's worth it coz I'd still always think it was just a budget MT09....
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
User avatar
Cavetroll87
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: 11 Mar 2014, 21:40
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 463 times
Been thanked: 417 times
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby Rossgo » 09 Jun 2018, 12:38

Cavetroll87 wrote:
Rossgo wrote:
Cavetroll87 wrote:started tarting it up a bit, replacing some of the bits that winter was less kind too. Eyeing up some carbon fibre bits but might have to wait until I'm less poor, also not sure I want to throw that much money at it If I might chop it in next year, I'm really in 2 minds about throwing money at it to get it how I want or using that money towards something different
I noticed how you didnt ask the question (should i throw money at it?!!) People here will have all the extras and add ons listed up before you know it

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk


Yeah, I dunno as the things I want to do aren't cheap mods really, replace the fork Internals and shock, few carbon bits, flash the ecu, brake lines, loads and I could turn it into a really really awesome bike but I dunno if it's worth it coz I'd still always think it was just a budget MT09....
MT 09s are nice bike, but i can understand where you are coming from, if you dont get that fuzzy feeling then i would save tge money until you have something you do really love and want to mod

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Rossgo
 
Posts: 7394
Joined: 14 Mar 2014, 02:01
Location: Berkshire
Has thanked: 3086 times
Been thanked: 811 times
Your Bike: ZX6R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby C00kiemonster » 09 Jun 2018, 15:57

Rode it 300 miles home after leaving the boys heading north again on the Euro trip :) Knackered now!
User avatar
C00kiemonster
 
Posts: 5011
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:11
Location: Froggie Land
Has thanked: 1656 times
Been thanked: 804 times
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Postby C00kiemonster » 10 Jun 2018, 12:53

Snow foamed, cleaned, tidied, lubed and thanked. Thats what i did to my bike today :)
User avatar
C00kiemonster
 
Posts: 5011
Joined: 22 Oct 2013, 07:11
Location: Froggie Land
Has thanked: 1656 times
Been thanked: 804 times
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

PreviousNext

Return to Biking Stuff

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests