What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by Kwacky »

Dropped the V650 off and rode away on a brand new Z1000SX.

I thought it would make my miss my old one, but it hasn't. This new bike is fecking dull. It's like Honda made it :D

Still a great handling bike with loads of power, easy to ride, goes fast and is happy to plod along, but the engine is silent. No noise at all. It lacks character as well, it's like they've tuned the soul out of it. It all felt a bit meh.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Went to put some new tyres on the 675 this morning. I'm itching to get out on a bike. Nearly cried when I saw the fork seals pissing oil out ... It's been stood for 4 months I could have sorted it ages ago if I had know..... Everyone I tried to call to try and get them sorted said 3 weeks. I've got enough on at the moment getting my rsv4 back together but guess I'm rebuilding a set of forks as well now.
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Cav
Your Bike: 2009 ZX6R

Post by Cav »

Have you tried the Motocross technique of sliding some 0.1mm shim up and down around all of the seal? A small bit of debris in there can then get dislodged and the seal seals again. Obviously you'll have to top up the oil after. Might be worth 10 minutes of your time
sir thomas blanchard
Your Bike: yamaha xj600
Location: 10 miles west of aylesbury bucks at thame which is just in oxfordshire.

Post by sir thomas blanchard »

out for a ride in the sun - on the quieter roads, eventually got stuck behind this vintage car, going quite a good speed but had to get past because of horrible stink behind, no smoke but an unpleasant pong of exhaust, not nice at all (n) . makes you realise how emissions have been cleaned up.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Cav wrote:Have you tried the Motocross technique of sliding some 0.1mm shim up and down around all of the seal? A small bit of debris in there can then get dislodged and the seal seals again. Obviously you'll have to top up the oil after. Might be worth 10 minutes of your time
Ive done this on a weeping fork seal before, worked great, assuming thats whats wrong with it, but for 10 minutes work its worth doing before throwing it at someone for a full build
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Blade
Your Bike: Kawasaki ZX10R

Post by Blade »

Fitted a carbon shock guard
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Blade wrote:Fitted a carbon shock guard
Ahem.

(ttiwwp)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Kwacky wrote:Dropped the V650 off and rode away on a brand new Z1000SX.

I thought it would make my miss my old one, but it hasn't. This new bike is fecking dull. It's like Honda made it :D

Still a great handling bike with loads of power, easy to ride, goes fast and is happy to plod along, but the engine is silent. No noise at all. It lacks character as well, it's like they've tuned the soul out of it. It all felt a bit meh.
When did you do the deal on this did i miss something?!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Today been out for my second ride of the year. What a fab day. Lovely dry roads, lovely sun and amazing views. However goes to show how shaky i am at the moment without riding through the winter! Stopped off at Loomies and then headed to Portsdown Hill for s burger and hot choc. But one thing i did notice was people going crazy. So its been as crap winter and today has been warm....ish of 13- 14°C but what id wrong eith people, ive seen blokes without tops on, wearing shorts and women wearing mini skirts, tight small tops and summer dresses...WTF!! I swear people are strange!! But i had an amazing ride and i love riding, i dont feel confident yet but sure i will ger back into the swing of things after taking months off

Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Rossgo, I didn't. They gave me a Z1000SX for the day while they worked on the Versys.
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

I took the SX the long way home and gave it some stick. It took me back a couple of years on my old SX. They still handle really well for a big sports tourer.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Ahh right that makes sense lol!!

kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

Jess had the day off so we had a ride up the mountain to a cafe we’ve been wanting to try. Great weather and conditions and glad there were no plod about! (tmi)
3BD15369-D9E7-4BA5-9513-BD397A30C24C.jpeg
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Doing the fork oil and seals on the 675 waiting on the delivery guy with my bits all stripped cleaned and waiting
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
DaytonAndy
Your Bike: Daytona 675R

Post by DaytonAndy »

rocket wrote:Doing the fork oil and seals on the 675 waiting on the delivery guy with my bits all stripped cleaned and waiting
Just in time for the (rain) (rain) (rain)
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Actually enjoyed spanking it to and from work in warmth today and remembering what grip feels like, then washed it once home, saves me a job tomorrow as I managed to leave the office early :)
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

Took the multi for its MOT, she passed with flying colours (y)
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Booked it in for a service and mot... Could have used the phone like a normal person, but that would be boring.

Got it out from under the cover, gave it a quick clean off, tried to start it, got the jump leads out of the BMW and tried again, then ragged it to the dealers. Have to say the SD is one of the easiest bikes to jump on and ride quickly after the winter layoff. There isn't much left on the side of the tyre that hasn't been used (bandit)

As the service is too big to do on a weekend they have offered me a loan bike, as it's a KTM dealer I had to ask. Provided there are no demo rides booked I've got a 1290 SDR for the day (happy) shame I have to goto work, but there are some cracking roads between the dealer and the office (happy)
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Nice loan bike.
Stonesie
Your Bike: BMW R1250GSA

Post by Stonesie »

I took the top box rack back off and stripped some rear panels off the get at the seat lock, my nemesis was under there, Rust.... I thought that I had gotten the ACF everywhere but apparently not, plenty is on there now and most of the brown mess just wiped off. The acf will kill the rest and I can have a look in a couple of weeks, might take the subframe off and sort it properly.

The lock barrel was almost seized and took some gentle heat + ACF to get all the tumblers moving freely then I packed the lot with ACF grease... Yamaha, why did you put that right in the firing line of the rear tyre?

And I did a quick bleed of the front brakes, got a few small bubbles out.
All ready for a trip to the lake district tomorrow.