What did you do to your bike today ??

The news and your views about biking
Kwacky
Your Bike: Brutale 800RR, 1000SX Ninja

Re: What did you do to your bike today ??

Post by Kwacky »

Rode into work and wondered if we had skipped summer and gone straight to autumn.
kingfixer
Your Bike: 2019 Aprilia Dorsoduro 900

Post by kingfixer »

Not a lot the multi has moved for a couple of weeks !!
https://gmrprojects.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
R1ckster
Your Bike: Tiger 800XC

Post by R1ckster »

Give it a once over and noticed I can pull the chain a little away from the rear sprocket... hmm I was wondering what that slaping clunking sound was..!!!
Spudda
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650 aka 'Doris'

Post by Spudda »

Had today off so made time for a bimble this afternoon for a couple of hours .... I am luvvin the RoadSmarts II's as well ..... confidence is growing and I prefer them more than the M5's which is going some considering I had 3 rears and 2 fronts.

Gave the gave Doris a good Spudda clean 8)

One little hic-up today, although my charger wasnt plugged in, when I rolled the bike off the ABBA stand I got the my charger lead pinned under the rear tyre and snapped it (facepalm)
Attachments
charger.jpg
It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Gave the tiger a full Spudda clean ;) tonight, just finished took me 2 hours, plus a little chain adjust as well.
Spudda
Your Bike: Triumph Daytona 650 aka 'Doris'

Post by Spudda »

Frankie wrote:Gave the tiger a full Spudda clean ;).
hmmm ... I hope you polished the tyres as well ;)
It's Nice To Be Important BUT Its Important To Be Nice ©
duke63
Your Bike: Ducati 748/853 & Triumph Street Triple 765RS

Post by duke63 »

Took the 748 for a run this afternoon and then when i came back had a go at mounting the new Garmin Virb on the Multi to try it out tomorrow.

At the moment its on the handlebars but i suspect it will work better on the engine crashbars.
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Took it out for a damn good spanking and covered some miles too.

My day started at 9:15 when I thumbed the starter for the first of many times. The plan for the day was to check out the route to Cheddar for next months rideout and then meet the guys up at Stow for a cuppa and slice of cake.

The route to Cheddar seems good, there is a decent mix of fast flowing A roads and some tighter more demanding A/B roads, there is also a few bits of town riding to give us a rest. The route time does seem to be about 2 1/2 hours with a fuel stop or two. I ventured off the route to check out wookey hole, just because..
IMG_20140531_123747.jpg
Then on to Cheddar for lunch. I decided to take a run through the gorge and out the other side to see where the road went to, glad I did as it's quite a road and also useful for getting back out to bath / bristol. Then back for some lunch..
IMG_20140531_134046.jpg
The next leg of the day was the ride up to Stow, now this should have been fairly straight forward IF I had been paying attention and not getting flustered by a police traffic car that slowed to force me to overtake. I was sure I was going to get a tug, but it didn't happen.

After getting lost and finding one of the most beautiful villages I've ever seen, check this out on street view >> https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.76014 ... 355719,16z" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; << I finally found my way to Stow and got my well deserved tea and cake.
IMG_20140531_161651.jpg
Great to see everyone, and thanks Frankie for a great ride back home. I now know that a 675 has a better top end than a geared down RSV. I also know that I love the 417 between Streatley and Didcot ;) I also seem to have scrubbed the M7's in properly now (blush)
IMG_20140531_182810.jpg
IMG_20140531_182818.jpg
Got home about 6:30 completely knackered, and looking forward to doing it all over again... God I love biking... Tomorrows task is to clean the bike.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

Rode mine with the new rear sets fitted,they were miles to high so I've dropped them a few holes when I got home
Starting to gel with the bike,can't wait for the new end can so it sounds like a proper v twin
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Yeah, you're starting to warm to that bike. I had to hide in the traffic to try and lose you :D
rocket
Your Bike: zx10rrrrrrr

Post by rocket »

Fitted a side stand switch so i dont set off down the road with it down :)
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Itchy
Your Bike: Kawasaki Z1000

Post by Itchy »

rocket wrote:Fitted a side stand switch so i dont set off down the road with it down :)
Phew!
rocket

Post by rocket »

Itchy wrote:
rocket wrote:Fitted a side stand switch so i dont set off down the road with it down :)
Phew!

I know i gave a few people a fright the other day :) thank god i did not catch it and go over
"80mph" sorry officer I possibly could not have done that I'm no Valentino Rossi.
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Well after giving the tiger a good clean in prep for today, it all went pear shaped!! (facepalm)
Left the house on tiger to meet up with Wyrm. Got 10 mins up the road and I only had 5th & 6th gear, (gah) (gah) (gah) limped home, no neutral, slipping clutch and pulling anyway in 5th, needless to say I was not the best rider out there, courtesy on the rods went out the window, I could not stop!!
Anyway no time to change in to my leathers, Should have cancelled and called My dealer, nah! Jumped on the S1 and headed out quick smart.... I do love the power of this thing :) (muscle)

Anyway had a great ride out to stow ate cake, nd back home again, give or take a few moments of forgetting what's next in terms of left and rights and junctions, and also got some fly in my eye which is still stinging now...

Good day out :) cheers guys. (y) (sun)

I have to say, I felt like I was riding naked, not wearing the leathers, strange as I don't feel that way on the tiger, but on the Beemer it really felt strange and I felt very vulnerable, on the quicker stints ;)
C00kiemonster
Your Bike: Triumph Street Triple 765 R

Post by C00kiemonster »

Perkles wrote:Rode mine with the new rear sets fitted,they were miles to high so I've dropped them a few holes when I got home
Starting to gel with the bike,can't wait for the new end can so it sounds like a proper v twin

Which one you bought mister?
Perkles
Your Bike:

Post by Perkles »

C00kiemonster wrote:
Perkles wrote:Rode mine with the new rear sets fitted,they were miles to high so I've dropped them a few holes when I got home

Which one you bought mister?
Ses rear sets and bought a jester can,couldn't afford an akrapovic
D6
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1050SE a bit DEAD + S3 RS

Post by D6 »

Gave it a decent (for me ) clean as commuting in this rubbish weather means it is constantly filthy. I must say it is holding up well to the UK weather and my abuse.
Attachments
2014-06-01 12.38.59.jpg
2014-06-01 12.39.19.jpg
rocket

Post by rocket »

Took the black bird out for a blast , its So comfy compared to the rsv i was laughing to my self it feels like a sofa but a sofa that sure does move when you get going.
Cavetroll87
Your Bike: 2014 Yamaha MT09

Post by Cavetroll87 »

Went for a ride, was a lot faster than I intially set out to do, but fun, gave me some time to analyse my riding and try and figure out why I'm so much faster and comfort in left handers that right, think I'm getting there though
Remember: If in Doubt use Full Throttle, It may not make the situation any better, But it will end the suspense...
Kwacky

Post by Kwacky »

Gave it a wash and lubed the chain. Inflated the rear tyre. Tried to fit the brake lever guard but it's having none of it.