New Dealership In Town

The news and your views about biking
Rossgo
Your Bike:

New Dealership In Town

Post by Rossgo »

Drove past Showcase cinema's (Reading Winnersh) this evening and saw this...

I've always wondered what would go into that space. If I had the cash I'd do the same and open up a dealership...Unsure whether Harley would be the one I'd go for though!
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Re: New Dealership In Town

Post by Frankie »

They shut down Maidenhead and moved to Slough, that is being replaced by this place I believe, seems the customer service has taken a real dive, along with the ride outs (as told by a Harley couple I met at the weekend at the M'head BMW open day. They need that much space,, not for bikes but most likely the clothes lol
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Really I heard the Harley Customer service was amazing clearly their British counterparts aren't doing the job well enough!! I didn't think Harley really goes that well in this area, however if they turn it around like your saying then good luck to them. Going to be pretty big place when it's finished
Frankie
Your Bike: Fast Ones, and dirty ones

Post by Frankie »

Mate there is a huge following for the HD, when I used to use the Maidenhead branch they were really good and friendly, then the franchise changed after they moved to Slough and it all went down hill. I ended up going back to Jeff at Riverside in Putney for any works I needed doing.
Being in Reading they will get a massive amount of business, like the mob in Guildford, they are always busy.

They always had doughnuts and coffee on tap though :)
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

I swear its when ever dealerships move to Slough that screws them up! I remember Toyota being amazing over there, they would send out flowers on birthdays etc. Then I visited with my dad a fair few years back to find out the company changed and the old sales staff moved to different franchises...one of which moved to Bracknell because as he said Slough turned into just sales and no customer service he hated it so he was willing to move further away from where he lived! Crazy!
I am looking forward to taking a ganders in there as never experienced a Harley dealership before!! [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH] especially if they have doughnuts haha
kiwikrasher
Your Bike: ‘16 Thruxton R. '10 Multistrada 1200 S.

Post by kiwikrasher »

If we are going to start raving about HD's on this site... I'm leaving :D

My Dad is a big Harley nut, makes me ride his every time I go home to visit, I still don't like them. I appreciate the machinery and how they appeal to some people, but they aren't for me.

If I wanted something slow, noisy, vibrating and bad handling, I'll buy an old tractor. (giggle)
Happiness is not a destination. It is a way of life.
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Ii think I'd take you up on the tractor idea mate! Lol
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

Well thats just round the corner from where I am working at the moment... Might give me something to do at lunch time if I'm still there when it opens.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Rossgo
Your Bike:

Post by Rossgo »

Unsure when it opens mate but take a look. I'm definitely taking g a quick look inside
D6Nutz
Your Bike: Speed Triple 1200 RS

Post by D6Nutz »

It might not be too far away. Just been to the cinema with little nutz and it looks like construction has started.
You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough - Mario Andretti
Deegee
Your Bike: Daytona 675 & Tiger 900

Post by Deegee »

I went to Black Bear Harley in Newmarket years ago with my Brother, he wanted to try a Buell at the time and asked me to come along for the ride. We test rode different Buell's and tbh they handled ok but ran out of puff really fast, it was the clothing and lifestyle nonsense that got me, it struck me as an easy way for people to buy into a pastime and friends. If they were lacking in that area that is....